Chicago Blackhawks and NBC/ NBCSN NHL Analyst Eddie Olczyk is itching to coach again

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
Here is a link to the article from Pro Hockey Talk. Ed Olczyk itching to coach again | ProHockeyTalk

I would wish him well but man I would miss him. He is so much better then Steve Konroyd that fill in for him now when is doing Nat'l telecasts. I would hope they would promote Troy Murray from Radio to TV to Pair with the great Pat Foley if Eddie moves on.

Pat Foley and Eddie Olczyk for my money are hands down the best Local Broadcast tandem in the NHL. Pat Foley is probably the best Play-By-Play man in the NHL not getting to Nat'l Broadcasts. He and Enzo do a great job when they Broadcast Blackhawks game.

And I also love the chemistry that Doc Emrick and Olczyk have on the NBC/ NBCSN Broadcasts (Eddie and Doc are very similar to Eddie and Pat). Now I know someone will come in here and say, "I can't stand Eddie and Pierre McGuire" (at least they have in the comments of the article I linked). I personally think Pierre is great between the glass. I also think it has to be very tough for the 3 of them to have conversations when 2 of them are sitting next to each other and one guy is far away between the 2 benches. The fact that they can make it so effortless is amazing.

I for one would miss not having Eddie O as an analyst in the NHL. Every time he does a game (Blackhawks, Nat'l NHL game or Olympic) there is chance you can go to school and learn something. Even if it isn't about that particular game itself. With all of his connections to people working in North America and Europe, his exp as a player and coach, there is always a chance you'll learn something. And if nothing else you'll probably hear his signature line and/ or teaching point, "For all you young hockey players at home, keep your stick on the Ice." Never gets old even as a 34 yr old man. He'll be missed on TV, but I think he'd make Damn fine coach. Maybe Blackhawks Asst.

Last edited:

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Re: Chicago Blackhawks and NBC/ NBCSN NHL Analyst Eddie Olczyk is itching to coach ag

Pat Foley is great. I remember listening to him when I was a lot younger. Glad he is still going strong.

Help Support Us

Become a patron