Cheez-It Bowl in Orlando playing Clemson (Wed., Dec. 29, 4:45 CT Kick)

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
I haven’t paid close attention, did Clemson have any key players opt out of this game?
Believe just their one good WR Justin Ross. Think they may have had a player or two enter the transfer portal as well. They have a high draft prospect at Corner believe last name is like Booth or something but haven't heard if he is playing or not.

Reactions: cyclonedave25

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
I've been eagerly awaiting the state of Iowa's invasion here and so far I haven't seen but 3 or 4 Iowa plates and even worse two ere TOE plates.

• Informative
Reactions: t-noah

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Since we have a son in Orlando, we have pretty much seen what we want to there besides the game, which made the trip seem expensive just to go do that, even though we could have stayed at his house.

He came home for Christmas and took extra time off knowing flights would be terrible going back until after New Year’s with both state teams in Orlando.

We probably would have gone to any of the other possible locations.

TigerTown

Dec 21, 2021
I haven’t paid close attention, did Clemson have any key players opt out of this game?

At this point no opt outs. As noted by someone else, Ross was out the last few games with a foot injury (and was missing game anyway, and will go to NFL.) One other starter (linebacker) is out due to injury and a few backups have entered the infamous portal. No real "opt outs" if you will.

Last edited:

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
At this point no opt outs. As noted by someone else, Ross was out the last few games with a foot injury (and was missing game anyway, and will go to NFL.) One other starter (linebacker) is out due to injury but at this point and a few backups have entered the infamous portal. No real "opt outs" if you will.

I'm liking these Clemson fans so far.

Can we keep them?

Swap for Baylor?

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
If it would have been anywhere, other than Orlando, my family would have gone. I was there once, many years ago over the Christmas break and I just have no ambition to ever go again. I really like bowl games where the main focus is the bowl game for the surrounding community. That just isn’t the case in the Orlando area.

Jkclone15

Nov 19, 2017
Extremely unlikely hypothetical: if Jirehl has a monster performance against Clemson, would there be any chance he would consider declaring for the NFL draft as well?

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Extremely unlikely hypothetical: if Jirehl has a monster performance against Clemson, would there be any chance he would consider declaring for the NFL draft as well?

Only if a monster performance would get him a second or third grade.

So, no chance.

He doesn’t have the combine freak attributes to get drafted without a season of tape