CFTV: T.J. Otzelberger on preseason expectations at Tailgate Tour

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Must be tricky to coach someone like Tamin who is so tough that he won't admit about the severity of injury.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
TJ has never had as deep a roster as he has now, so I wouldn't be at all surprised to see minutes drop a bit for the Tamin and the other main guys.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Really looking forward to the upcoming season! But boy, it will definitely be tough, "hunted" or hunter. We can't be considered the sole hunted when there may be 3 or 4 other teams in our conference as good, or better than us! Could we be 'lucky' (bad work choice, I know) to be in the top 6 of conference? What a challenge!

We could have one of our best teams ever, and still only be 4th or 5th best in our conference. It's absolutely crazy! Kansas, Houston, Baylor all may be rated higher than us in some polls. And now AZ comes into play, pre-season #10 in one.

If we are able to win conference this year, it would be incredible. The Big 12 is just a monster!

Reactions: tzjung and NWICY

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Really looking forward to the upcoming season! But boy, it will definitely be tough, "hunted" or hunter. We can't be considered the sole hunted when there may be 3 or 4 other teams in our conference as good, or better than us! Could we be 'lucky' (bad work choice, I know) to be in the top 6 of conference? What a challenge!

We could have one of our best teams ever, and still only be 4th or 5th best in our conference. It's absolutely crazy! Kansas, Houston, Baylor all may be rated higher than us in some polls. And now AZ comes into play, pre-season #10 in one.

If we are able to win conference this year, it would be incredible. The Big 12 is just a monster!
At this point we're consensus top 5. We will be the top dog or right there with them.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

I'll still keep my 'just get in the tourney and let things fall where they may' approach.

Life just seems better that way.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I just did a quick search for Iowa state 2024-25 Men's basketball schedule, and nothing released yet? Other than the Maui Tournament and playing Marquette?

I was wondering who of the top conference teams we will, or won't, be playing this year? Edit: Home and Away, I mean.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I just did a quick search for Iowa state 2024-25 Men's basketball schedule, and nothing released yet? Other than the Maui Tournament and playing Marquette?

I was wondering who of the top conference teams we will, or won't, be playing this year? Edit: Home and Away, I mean.
Last year, they released the schedule in July, I think. So it may be another 2 month wait.

20 game Big 12 schedule though (vs. 18).

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Last year, they released the schedule in July, I think. So it may be another 2 month wait.

20 game Big 12 schedule though (vs. 18).
Honestly, I'm not excited about the 20 game schedule. That's too long IMO and it makes scheduling a heavy non-con risky. Then we're right back where we were this year when they complained about our early schedule even though we play in the best league.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Honestly, I'm not excited about the 20 game schedule. That's too long IMO and it makes scheduling a heavy non-con risky. Then we're right back where we were this year when they complained about our early schedule even though we play in the best league.
But our league sucks. See what happened this year. :)