CCL/PTL comparison

ISU1294

Apr 29, 2011
Also, Iowa is awful on the road. Throw in how hostile Hilton will be and I think the hawks won't be able to handle it.

ameslurker

Jan 21, 2013
Hilton will be right up there as one of the most hostile venues they'll go to all year, no doubt. It'll be interesting watching them in that Battle for Atlantic (or whatever it's called). We'll all learn a lot more about them after they go for a couple games there. I'll still reserve judgement until I see both teams play a few.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Ejim is more experienced and has played in more big games than any Iowa player. Kane is as experienced or more than any player they have. People act like Iowa is a senior laden Tom Izzo team and ISU isn't starting a senior who led the Big 12 in boards and a 24 year old point guard.
I agree with what you're saying, but you're forgetting that Iowa also has a 3 year starter going on 4, in Marble. Ejim > Marble though.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
If any team other than UM or KU are favored in Hilton next year will be a great opportunity to make some easy cash.
I don't see many people betting against ISU at Hilton. Even KU after last years debacle(s).

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I agree with what you're saying, but you're forgetting that Iowa also has a 3 year starter going on 4, in Marble. Ejim > Marble though.

I didn't forget that. Ejim has 4 NCAA games and led a major conference in rebounding, Marble has zero and got benched at times last year. Ejim is the most experienced player on the court going up against "team mega experience" next year, Kane has played more ball than any of them as well.

I look at Marble and White, they're less experienced than Kane and Ejim but also talented players. I look at the rest of their team, some untalented upperclassmen I wouldn't want taking up space on ISU's roster and some sophomores who weren't impressive compared to Niang, freshman ranked below our freshman. I don't get their optimism anywhere past finally being a tournament team next year which is now the norm for Hoiball.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I didn't forget that. Ejim has 4 NCAA games and led a major conference in rebounding, Marble has zero and got benched at times last year. Ejim is the most experienced player on the court going up against "team mega experience" next year, Kane has played more ball than any of them as well.

I look at Marble and White, they're less experienced than Kane and Ejim but also talented players. I look at the rest of their team, some untalented upperclassmen I wouldn't want taking up space on ISU's roster and some sophomores who weren't impressive compared to Niang, freshman ranked below our freshman. I don't get their optimism anywhere past finally being a tournament team next year which is now the norm for Hoiball.

They think getting to the NCAA tournament without more than one transfer = winning an NCAA title with more than one. It's silly but it's their world.

Help Support Us

Become a patron