Cap City League rosters and schedule

ILikeCy

Dec 16, 2008
Omaha
Yep. I think you can learn something about the Big men. If they can't score around 20 in the CCL, they probably won't amount to anything.
Have you ever watched a CCL game? The guards don't exactly feed the ball to the big guys very much. Lard must have been playing with a generous point guard.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Have you ever watched a CCL game? The guards don't exactly feed the ball to the big guys very much. Lard must have been playing with a generous point guard.
Yes, and our good big men can usually manage 15-20 pts at least. Name a player who didn't score that much in the summer league and ended up being a major contributor.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Yes, and our good big men can usually manage 15-20 pts at least. Name a player who didn't score that much in the summer league and ended up being a major contributor.

Exactly. A good high major big can take it coast to coast and get points off the dribble when they're playing a bunch of stooges (like you have in the CCL).

Maybe not every night but they should have a few games where they look like Lebron against that level of competition.

Reactions: isutrevman

ILikeCy

Dec 16, 2008
Omaha
I guess I don't understand what your original point was then. Were you trying to make a positive or a negative observation about our big men? All of our big guys scored over 15 points. By the way, you changed your criteria from your original post when you said 20 points, now you're saying 15-20.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
I guess I don't understand what your original point was then. Were you trying to make a positive or a negative observation about our big men? All of our big guys scored over 15 points. By the way, you changed your criteria from your original post when you said 20 points, now you're saying 15-20.
Positive. My original criteria was AROUND 20pts. My point as that I think you can tell from the CCL whether a big man will contribute or not. Its a positive sign that Young, Lard and Jacobson are scoring. Brackins, Royce, Taggert, Niang, Ejim, Hogue, McKay all consistently scored around 20+ in the CCL. Guys like Carter, Ernst, Pomlee, Gibson, Edozie, etc, did not. There are exceptions with players that scored well in the summer, but didn't do much at ISU. I can't think of anyone who didn't score in the summer league and contributed during the season.

• Agree
Reactions: NATEizKING and Doc

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver

I don't think Hogue scored that much. That said, I do think CCL means something because guys like Ejim and Naz showed their scoring ability early in the CCL. Bubu also showed that ability that now has him making money playing basketball.

ILikeCy

Dec 16, 2008
Omaha
Positive. My original criteria was AROUND 20pts. My point as that I think you can tell from the CCL whether a big man will contribute or not. Its a positive sign that Young, Lard and Jacobson are scoring. Brackins, Royce, Taggert, Niang, Ejim, Hogue, McKay all consistently scored around 20+ in the CCL. Guys like Carter, Ernst, Pomlee, Gibson, Edozie, etc, did not. There are exceptions with players that scored well in the summer, but didn't do much at ISU. I can't think of anyone who didn't score in the summer league and contributed during the season.
My bad, I misinterpreted your original point. I agree with you.

Reactions: isutrevman

Help Support Us

Become a patron