Can we talk about Osun Osunniyi?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
If he got T’d up for that after Neptune’s 40 minutes of uninterrupted hysterics I think I’d have had a hard time not throwing something on the court. At some point you have to let the players play if you’re not going to T up a coach for anything whatsoever, it gets to be utter nonsense.
Neptune might be the most whiny coach ive ever seen. Not screaming, but just complaining about literally everything at all times. Even when something turned out fine

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
He's got a ton of upside too

Real nice player

Now he needs to stay out of foul trouble and we need to get him the ball down low

Reactions: barometriclow

Cyclones01

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 23, 2008
Urbandale
It is nice having a big that is enough of an offensive threat that our opponents feel the need to double team, but who can also effectively pass the ball out of the double team. I don't remember anyone ever doubling Conditt...

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
He's got a ton of upside too

Real nice player

Now he needs to stay out of foul trouble and we need to get him the ball down low

I don’t think he’ll be as foul prone as some of our past bigs. Around the 8 minute mark it became pretty clear if you had a gold jersey on you were going to be in foul trouble the rest of the way.

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
Neptune might be the most whiny coach ive ever seen. Not screaming, but just complaining about literally everything at all times. Even when something turned out fine
Full disclousre I had to listen to the game today, so I'll have to watch the replay but the one coach that was always that way was the old UConn coach Ollie. His face just looked like a constant state of whine.

Clyde4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2018
Osun is an absolute force on the floor. He is currently averaging just under 19 min of playing time a game. TJ is going to need to find a way to keep him on the floor for 25-30 per game.

Reactions: isutrevman

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
It is nice having a big that is enough of an offensive threat that our opponents feel the need to double team, but who can also effectively pass the ball out of the double team. I don't remember anyone ever doubling Conditt...
A second defender would come pick Conditt’s pocket constantly. Is that not a double team?

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
I noticed his injury break. Chest bruise or muck lower down?
They didn’t show a replay but it looked like he got hit in the “midsection,” as they say. It looked like they pulled the bigs at the end of the 2nd and OT to get 5 ball handlers/shooters on the floor against full court pressure and intentional fouls.

The ref talking to Osun after the block was textbook officiating. Unless they’d talked about it previously, you’d have to be a real Hightower to call a T there.

Reactions: isutrevman