Brink of Disaster......?

LivntheCyLife

Nov 25, 2006
St. Louis, MO
Wouldn’t majority of the days be 183?

No, it is not based on a year, it is based on what that person is doing on a specific day, April 1. You determine what that person is doing on April 1 and then follow the directions for that specific case. Case 10 is for university students if they were students on April 1.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
The narrative amongst my Hawk fan friends has slowly been changing from, I'm jealous you get to watch football this fall, to, how could you possibly be happy your team is playing football this fall, and, you should come be a hawk fan because we care about our players health etc etc

Then when they bring up caring, I just blast them about how they are fans of a team that didn't care about injustices against blacks/minorities for 2 decades and how they can possibly support all of their racist coaches.

It baffles me how the Hawk media outlets *which is almost all of them in Iowa* have impacted their thinking on the matter. First they were pissed their boys weren't going to be playing. Now that all hope for that is lost, they desperately want this 25,000 fans thing to blow up in Pollards face and force Iowa State to have to shut it down.

Did you point out to them as soon as their season was cancelled the FB team went out partied and now have a bunch of Covid cases. I'm assuming the rise in Covid on the hawk FB team comes with them saying screw it after their season was cancelled time to party!

Reactions: Cyinthenorth

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
The kid who wrote the article is in ISU student government and they're voting on a resolution to shut all fraternity and sorority houses down. Pretty sure that's way beyond student government's authority, but it's happening.

Last edited:

BillyClone

Mar 20, 2006
Ankeny IA
You didn't? How could you ignore the HUGE push about making sure you were counted in Ames? ;)

I have never seen such a huge clamor about making sure everyone was counted. Ames was very concerned that they needed to make the 50,000 mark since there were a lot more funds available to municipalities over that mark than for those just under 50K. Ames ended up with a count of 47,XXX and missed out on the money for another 10 years.

And this came right after the city council voted down a temporary ordinance to continue allowing 19 & 20 year-olds to get into the bars.

I remember a counter movement among the students telling everyone to have their parents mark them as residents back in their home towns. We showed the city of Ames!

Of course, the next year Ames voted in a 1-cent local option sales tax increase and gave property tax relief to the residents.

The students and the city didn’t get along very well back in those days.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
No, it is not based on a year, it is based on what that person is doing on a specific day, April 1. You determine what that person is doing on April 1 and then follow the directions for that specific case. Case 10 is for university students if they were students on April 1.
If that is it, then my son was home and online like most of the students. Ames is taking a massive population hit then according to that structure. May be 40,000

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
The narrative amongst my Hawk fan friends has slowly been changing from, I'm jealous you get to watch football this fall, to, how could you possibly be happy your team is playing football this fall, and, you should come be a hawk fan because we care about our players health etc etc
I hope your hawk friends realize that Iowa's president was one of the three who voted to keep the season.. Throw that in their face the next time they say "players health!" Derp

Reactions: Cyinthenorth

diaclone

Apr 16, 2006
Metro Omaha
It's an opinion piece, not hard news. You're allowed to disagree with it. Journalism, as you guys are referring to it, isn't the opinion page.

That said, it does read like a college kid trying to get an A on a paper.
Nothing wrong with trying to get a "A." And her piece was very good. It's the canary in the coal mine.

• Haha
Reactions: Showtimeljs

Showtimeljs

Jul 2, 2015
Huxley
2 flus shots, 2 cases of bronchitis. First one always a week before the second. I do not want bronchitis, therefor heck no on the flu shot.

Flu shots are give just before the onset of the cold and flu season....of course you are likely to get sick after receiving your shot. The flu shot is for the flu..not every virus or bacteria that might cause you to be sick. Get your shot and see what happens this time.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Flu shots are give just before the onset of the cold and flu season....of course you are likely to get sick after receiving your shot. The flu shot is for the flu..not every virus or bacteria that might cause you to be sick. Get your shot and see what happens this time.

That is what I was told after the first time. I will just mask at hospitals and care centers.

Also, the doctors say you aren’t supposed to get sick because they are dead when they inject you.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
That is what I was told after the first time. I will just mask at hospitals and care centers.

Also, the doctors say you aren’t supposed to get sick because they are dead when they inject you.
My experience the first two years I got the shot was the same as yours. Even though I knew there was no existing cause and effect it made me sheepish. But I stayed with it and now I am rarely sick. Also, I had absolutely no reaction at all to this year’s vaccine if that helps.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
My experience the first two years I got the shot was the same as yours. Even though I knew there was no existing cause and effect it made me sheepish. But I stayed with it and now I am rarely sick. Also, I had absolutely no reaction at all to this year’s vaccine if that helps.
Outside of a sinus infection from breathing in some nasty crap occasionally, I’ve been dog sick twice in 20 years. I’m taking my chances.

Reactions: isutrevman