Blue Valley Northwest (Cyclone commit Clayton Custer) playing in DSM vs Valley today

Jul 11, 2011
Des Moines
Not sure if anyone's posted but Blue Valley Northwest is making a trip up from Kansas to take on the Valley Tigers in Wells Fargo. Clayton Custer is on BVNW. Should be interesting!

CyFanInChiLand

Jul 14, 2009
New Orleans
Re: Blue Valley Northwest (Cyclone commit Clayton Custer) playing in DSM vs Valley to

And Jok is on Valley if I remember correctly. Might be a nice HS game to attend, to bad I'm 18 hours away!

Cyke

Jun 22, 2011
Des Moines, IA
Re: Blue Valley Northwest (Cyclone commit Clayton Custer) playing in DSM vs Valley to

I will be there and report what I see.

Cyke

Jun 22, 2011
Des Moines, IA

Halftime stats:

Jok -17 pts and around 5 rebounds
Custer - 5 pts, 3 rebounds, 2 assists 4 turnovers.

Custer's team has nobody to guard Jok so I wouldn't be too worried. Custer is great at drawing fouls but is getting face guarded and hasn't had many shot opportunities.

Blue Valley 24
Wdm valley 30

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE

Always figured Jok was a good get for Iowa though. Wish Fran didn't just get all the instate recruits handed to him on a platter due to them being fans of dirt and urine.

CyFanInChiLand

Jul 14, 2009
New Orleans

Just curious, does Jok look like he is a high major player? Will we regret not getting him down the road, or is it that he hasn't played against anyone yet? Is he taking all of the shots, or is he making a high percentage. How does his 3pt shot look? This kid has always intrigued me due to his early high ratings, his bloodlines, and his story. Thanks!

Reactions: ajk4st8

CyFanInChiLand

Jul 14, 2009
New Orleans

Always figured Jok was a good get for Iowa though. Wish Fran didn't just get all the instate recruits handed to him on a platter due to them being fans of dirt and urine.

I didn't think Jok was an Iowa fan. I thought they were his only option at the time he committed. Was I wrong? I know some teams wanted him to wait to sign in the spring so they could evaluate him, but he didn't wait.

Cyke

Jun 22, 2011
Des Moines, IA

Just curious, does Jok look like he is a high major player? Will we regret not getting him down the road, or is it that he hasn't played against anyone yet? Is he taking all of the shots, or is he making a high percentage. How does his 3pt shot look? This kid has always intrigued me due to his early high ratings, his bloodlines, and his story. Thanks!

Jok is taking the majority of the shots. Ball hog. Even the fans are yelling to pass. He's hit quite a few threes. I think he's 3 for 4. He brings the ball up now too. Not a great ball handler. Plays no defense. Also missed a wide open dunk. I think he'll help Iowa...as much as I hate to say it. Blue valley doesn't play anyone taller than 6-4 so it's pretty tough to judge.

Cyke

Jun 22, 2011
Des Moines, IA

Final point stats:
Jok- 31
Custer- 15

Final score
Blue Valley-55
WDM Valley-51

Jok kept shooting every time and Custer hit a handful of clutch free throws down the stretch.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames

Final point stats:
Jok- 31
Custer- 15

Final score
Blue Valley-55
WDM Valley-51

Jok kept shooting every time and Custer hit a handful of clutch free throws down the stretch.

Cyclones win. Everything is right with the world again.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO

0.jpg

I want Winners!!!!!!

RoseBowlBound

Sep 13, 2011
Iowa City via WDM

Few Replies for this thread:
1. At the time, Jok's only option was Iowa, he didnt grow up an Iowa fan. He did say that the way fran and co. stuck with him through injury helped sell him on program.
2. Jok is valley's only real scoring option this year, and i doubt he would be playing if Horner thought he was hogging or playing out of offense.

rjhindm

Mar 31, 2012

Jok is taking the majority of the shots. Ball hog. Even the fans are yelling to pass. He's hit quite a few threes. I think he's 3 for 4. He brings the ball up now too. Not a great ball handler. Plays no defense. Also missed a wide open dunk. I think he'll help Iowa...as much as I hate to say it. Blue valley doesn't play anyone taller than 6-4 so it's pretty tough to judge.

The best player on the court is taking the most shots??? No way?!?!?!

NorthIACy

Apr 1, 2012
Mason City, Iowa

I also went to the game with a buddy. I loved Custer, as only a junior he makes SMART plays, which is always good to see. He isn't a scoring type of point guard (from what I saw from this game) He did end with 15 or 14 points, but he is a good, smart point guard. He looked to advance the ball with a pass as soon as he could, and would resort to dribbling up the court only if he had too. It makes me more excited even though he's only a junior, and still has essentially 2 more years to get better.

Also was able to draw some charges...and 2 were against Jok, so that was the cherry on top.

Overall, smart player, loved his decision making. Really hope he sticks with us!

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames

On my way home, everyone is going to love Custer. Does all the things needed to help you win. Plays good defense, takes charges, scores when he needs to, gets his teammates involved, knocks down his free throws.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006

Custer sounds lime jaycee holloway.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames

He can score when he wants to. Tonight it appeared he would rather get his teamates involved, which is completely fine with me.

Cyke

Jun 22, 2011
Des Moines, IA

I'm going to disagree with some of you. He needs work on defense. I thought he looked pretty poor. Let his guy go around him many times. Also, about the smart plays? He had to be close to 6 or 7 turnovers with only 3 or 4 assists. He has a quick first step and looked good at getting to the basket and drawing fouls. Listed at 6'1? He can't be taller than 5'10. Smallest guy on the floor all night. Excellent shooter. Definitely a scoring point guard type.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames

Disagree. He did not have 6-7 turnovers and I thought his defense was very solid.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron