Big12 Officiating and March Madness

GoClones123

Sep 5, 2010
Clive, IA
This weekend when watching the Big12 tournament, I wondered about Big12 officiating in regards to the NCAA tournament.

I have watched quite a bit of games this year, SEC, CUSA, BIG10, PAC10 etc.

It concerns me that our officiating compared to a lot of other power 5 conferences is a little more tic-tac on physicality.

Does the conference try to standardize its officiating to mimic NCAA tournament play, or is it how the conference interprets the rules by the NCAA????

Anyone have any insights on how we regulate and set up officiating??

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
This weekend when watching the Big12 tournament, I wondered about Big12 officiating in regards to the NCAA tournament.

I have watched quite a bit of games this year, SEC, CUSA, BIG10, PAC10 etc.

It concerns me that our officiating compared to a lot of other power 5 conferences is a little more tic-tac on physicality.

Does the conference try to standardize its officiating to mimic NCAA tournament play, or is it how the conference interprets the rules by the NCAA????

Anyone have any insights on how we regulate and set up officiating??

They don't have "Big 12" refs like they do in football. I think it's more regional. They do other conferences.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Hopefully, we've seen the last of the phantom fouls that seemed so prevalent in the Big 12 tournament . . . I watched all the games. And I hope we've seen the end of guys like Selden climbing us while he shoots and gets "fouled." So many times I wondered if there was any possible way for Niang to avoid "fouling" him.

GoClones123

Sep 5, 2010
Clive, IA
I was only saying this because of if you watch say a Big10 game, they bang it out under the basket ALOT more than you could even dream to get away with on the Big12.

I guess I wondered if each conference has its own style that the refs allow for. The Big12 seems to be more finesse in the paint than the SEC and BIG10 to me.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron