Big XII Tournament

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
So looking at these six and quality wins (I'm using wrestlestat for most of them because I can only find official records off the school's website for half the guys so there could be matches missing)
Pestano:
5-2 over Jordan Ellingwood (Central Michigan)
Romanchik:
5-3 over Jordan Ellingwood (Central Michigan)
Ayala:
8-7 win over Jack Dechow (Old Dominion)
Courts:
WBF over Matt Miller (Navy)
8-3 over Jordan Ellingwood (Central Michigan)
Garet Krohn:
8-5 over Jordan Ellingwood (Central Michigan)
John Lampe:
None

So on that leg Pestano beats Lampe, ties Romanchik, Ayala, and Krohn, and loses to Courts.

on the Head-to-head leg the only head to head match I can find among that group is Krohn with a 5-3 win over Lampe at the Southern Scuffle.

Edit: Found another one. Romanchik beat Lampe 4-1 in December.

Common opponents:
Lampe & Pestano
Lampe and Pestano both lost to Boyd from Oklahoma State. Both 0-1 against common opponents
Krohn and Pestano
Both lost to Boyd and Stauffer and beat Ellingwood. Krohn beat Scheffel while Pestano lost. Pestano 1-3 and Krohn is 2-2.
Romanchik and Pestano
Both beat Baxter, Ellingwood, and Foster. Both lost to Valencia and Zillmer (x2 for Pestano). Romanchik also lost a match to Foster at MACs after beating him at a dual. Against common opponents Dane is 3-3 (with Zillmer twice) and Romanchik is 3-3.
Pestano and Ayala
Both beat Baxter, CHristenson, and Caldwell (x2 for Pestano). Pestano beat Hicks while Ayala lost to Hicks, Both lost to Zillmer (x2 for Pestano). Against common opponents Pestano is 5-2 and Ayala is 3-2.

On this leg Pestano ties Lampe. Either ties or beats Romanchik (not sure how they treat him having lost twice to Zillmer), loses to Krohn, and beats Ayala.

Last edited:

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
I think that's far enough. Pestano should be safe unless they really punish him for losing the Scheffel. I think Lampe's lack of a quality win will put him way back, Romanchik might fall out of the rankings and that'll hold him back, and Pestano leads Ayala in head to head. I think Courts and Krohn will get the first two spots, but Pestano will get the 3rd or 4th and make it with at least one spot to spare.

PD2

Feb 14, 2016
Baltimore, MD
NEICyfan is not a cyclone fan, he is a hawkeye/uni who poses as a cyclone fan. Be best off to just ignore any discussion with him.

Congrats to pat and your family. He looked tough this weekend. To answer your question, I don't know very many guys who could qualify for ncaas with 5 or 6 weeks training under there belt. That's a testament to just how good Patrick is.

Thanks, HGoat. If you knew the true nature of his injury, it would explain why he's not shooting and why we're not seeing big throws. He has had to change his entire style and strategy, just trying to figure out a way to survive and to win. The Pat we're seeing right now is firing on only six cylinders. Thanks, again.

PD2

Feb 14, 2016
Baltimore, MD
I do hope Downey learns how to take a shot on the next two weeks. His offense was ref dependant this weekend.

There are things you don't know and, unfortunately, I can't divulge on a forum. Let me just say that there is a reason we're not seeing shots and big throws...and, remember, a win is a win.

Last edited:

HGoat

Dec 18, 2014
Denver, Colorado
Pretty sure the analysis was J Carl. I believe he does play by play for Ok State wrestling

The other was Leroy Smith. They did a good job staying objective towards the beginning but by the end they had gone full homer.

Last edited:

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
SMH...f'n smartass. Goodbye to this website....nothing but sour, sarcastic grapes. Bunch of old men who think they know it all. Not what I expected. Go Cyclones.

I will fully admit to being a sarcastic ****** on this board at times but you misread my intent here. That was in no way intended to be disrespectful or inflammatory. No offense was intended and I apologize.

PD2

Feb 14, 2016
Baltimore, MD
I will fully admit to being a sarcastic ****** on this board at times but you misread my intent here. That was in no way intended to be disrespectful or inflammatory. No offense was intended and I apologize.

Apology accepted. Thank you.