Big Four Classic Tix

yoteforever

Dec 24, 2008
I also may be looking for 2 tickets for the Classic for my wife and I. If anyone has had a change in plans please contact me. Thanks

Let's Go State

Nov 6, 2007
West Coast (of Iowa)
Agree. Poor environment, and you pay for tics to watch a game that you don't care about, with 1/2 the arena thinking the same about our game.

Actually - I'd prefer to just play the Iowa game there instead with 1/2 the crowd ISU and 1/2 Iowa.... But who gets the money for the tickets will prevent that from ever happening.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
Yes...let's all be whiny, not show up, and give the team a reason to be flat because 3/4 of the arena is filled with Hok fans.

Oct 10, 2012
Des Moines
Agree. Poor environment, and you pay for tics to watch a game that you don't care about, with 1/2 the arena thinking the same about our game.

Actually - I'd prefer to just play the Iowa game there instead with 1/2 the crowd ISU and 1/2 Iowa.... But who gets the money for the tickets will prevent that from ever happening.

How about making it a 2 day event?

That way most years ISU and Iowa play 2x with one game on campus. Would make the crappy games not as boring.

New Mexico State plays BOTH Utep and New Mexico twice every year. Obviously geography is the reason since not many schools are close to Las Cruces and I doubt either ISU or Iowa gains enough in terms of RPI or media hype from playing twice but financially I'd guess it would be a gold mine.

Let's Go State

Nov 6, 2007
West Coast (of Iowa)
How about making it a 2 day event?

That way most years ISU and Iowa play 2x with one game on campus. Would make the crappy games not as boring.

New Mexico State plays BOTH Utep and New Mexico twice every year. Obviously geography is the reason since not many schools are close to Las Cruces and I doubt either ISU or Iowa gains enough in terms of RPI or media hype from playing twice but financially I'd guess it would be a gold mine.

Much more interesting and fun IMO

ISU42

Sep 21, 2009
That's not going to happen since all 4 universities sell the same number of tickets.

Did you not go last year? Iowa fans easily outnumbered ISU fans. They didn't have more than the other three schools combined, but definitely a solid presence.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Did you not go last year? Iowa fans easily outnumbered ISU fans. They didn't have more than the other three schools combined, but definitely a solid presence.
I did go but I wen't as a student. I sat a mile behind the hoop. They might have outnumbered ISU fans, but I don't think it was by as large of a number you are making it seem.

Last edited:

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa

I would rather scrap this format that nobody really embraces and go back to Home and Home, like it was forever.

majorcyfan

Feb 18, 2007
What's the best source for the Big Four double header on December 7? I'm undecided, but may need two tix.

MAY NOT BE ABLE TO GO SO OFFERING NOW TICKETS ARE 70 EACH WITH $5 SERVICE EACH TICKET FOR FACE VALUE OF $150 FOR 2 LET ME KNOW, WILL NOT DISCOUNT SECTION 216, ROW C SEATS 1-2

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Yes...let's all be whiny, not show up, and give the team a reason to be flat because 3/4 of the arena is filled with Hok fans.

This is how it was going to be for us anyways:

UNI fans get their share of tickets- cheering for UNI
Iowa fans get their share of tickets- going for UNI as well.
Drake fans get their share of tickets- most probably cheering for UNI, the 'underdog' and fellow small school.
General sales tix- a lot more enthusiasm from des moines-based iowa fans who dont get a chance at a game so close to home very often, unlike most des moines cyclones that have a game 30 min up the road once a week.

This event will last as long as the current contract, no farther.

OPButtrey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 21, 2010
Does anyone know if you can sell your tickets after the 1st game?