Big 12 Tournament/P&L Thursday/Weather

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
It's gonna be cold in KC on Thursday. I know P&L has big above-head heaters they often use but have a feeling this will be one of the coldest days in recent memory during the tournaments. I think many will want to be inside one of the restaurants/bars as much as possible that day so actually emailed a few places to see if they're doing any sort of table reservations and they are. So I just reserved a table for 8. Will be nice to have a home base/place inside!

McFadden's and Shark Bar both are taking reservations, FYI.

• Winner
  • Informative
Reactions: tzjung and NWICY

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Do they have a table minimum?

Table seats 8. Must buy a bottle of vodka or rum but you get unlimited mixers. $300. In our mind you’re basically just paying up front for a ton of drinks by paying the $300. $40 per person for a table inside by TVs while it’s cold and snowing outside. Our group was unanimous it was worth it.

I@ST1

Dec 15, 2020
Table seats 8. Must buy a bottle of vodka or rum but you get unlimited mixers. $300. In our mind you’re basically just paying up front for a ton of drinks by paying the $300. $40 per person for a table inside by TVs while it’s cold and snowing outside. Our group was unanimous it was worth it.

Thanks! 100% agree with you. Totally worth it. Thanks again.

• Friendly
Reactions: dahliaclone

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Are McFaddens and Shark the only ones you know of? Our group would be interested in doing this as well, as many options as possible. Email only too? I've never heard of this prior to now.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Are McFaddens and Shark the only ones you know of? Our group would be interested in doing this as well, as many options as possible. Email only too? I've never heard of this prior to now.
Those are the only two places I could find that were doing reservations. I just emailed them from the info they had on their website. 100% honesty...McFadden's never even responded to me. But Shark Bar got back to me quickly.

Jdk

Feb 27, 2019
According to the NWS in Kansas city Thursday could be difficult travel around Kansas City and north some areas 4-8 inches of snow

I@ST1

Dec 15, 2020
Nothing like 5-7 inches of snow Thursday. Pack your snow boots!

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
Such crappy timing. Last week was so nice in KC and next week is looking great as well. Can't win them all I guess.

I would guess that finding indoor space wont be all that difficult. KU and KState not in the session, and its a Thursday night game. Dont get the sense that ISU excitement will be all that great unless we make it thru to Friday. Will be better turnout than past few years, but off the previous five or so.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Such crappy timing. Last week was so nice in KC and next week is looking great as well. Can't win them all I guess.

I would guess that finding indoor space wont be all that difficult. KU and KState not in the session, and its a Thursday night game. Dont get the sense that ISU excitement will be all that great unless we make it thru to Friday. Will be better turnout than past few years, but off the previous five or so.

This time of the year is such a crap shoot down there. I used to travel to KC for work every year the week of the Big 12 tournament and some years it was short sleeve weather and other years it was freezing. Hell some years I would go down there and trees would be budding out an d blooming.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Weather predictions have gotten progressively shittier with each passing day. That sucks.

Jdk

Feb 27, 2019
Winter storm forecast to hit kcmo around midnight Wednesday

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
They year we beat WV in the title game was cold. It snowed that Saturday morning.

It snowed in 2014 too. Following ISU beating Baylor in the Championship game.

Ejim hitting that huge 3 to finally take the lead late in the 2nd half (the lid finally came off)... what a moment! The game was over for Baylor from that moment on.

Last edited: