Big 12 Fantasy Basketball Draft Advice Needed

egunzy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 16, 2008
Humeston, IA
Myself and a group of 6 friends are getting ready to do our annual Big 12 fantasy draft. We draft 4 guards and 4 forwards/centers (1 of each are bench players to give options in the event of suspensions, etc.). Only regular season conference games are counted. The league appears to be loaded with talented freshmen this year. I have finished second the last two years. My guard court has always been the strength of my teams. I am looking for advice from my fellow CFers about any forwards I should target as well as what players you would take in the first few rounds. As it stands right now I think Trae Young from OU would be the logical first overall choice. Looking forward to seeing input from the community.

cyguytillidie

Feb 9, 2010
Des Moines
Where is this league run? Sounds line a cool deal to get started with some friends.

As for advice, Bamba, Acuil, Smith (ttu), Osetkowski, Brodziansky, Williams (tcu), and Azibuke are probably top guys. Ahmad and Doolittle may be a bit under the radar since they've been injured/ineligible.

Reactions: Doc

egunzy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 16, 2008
Humeston, IA
Where is this league run? Sounds line a cool deal to get started with some friends.

As for advice, Bamba, Acuil, Smith (ttu), Osetkowski, Brodziansky, Williams (tcu), and Azibuke are probably top guys. Ahmad and Doolittle may be a bit under the radar since they've been injured/ineligible.

We run it ourselves. We put a spreadsheet together and track the stats ourselves. This is our 3rd year of doing it. If you want a copy of the spreadsheet I can send it to you. PM me your email if you are interested.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Yeah, I can understand the guard courts being your strength, because it will be hard for you all to find 24 good forwards between the 6 of you.

One big guy that may be worth looking into is Sima from Okie State. He just became eligible and they played him with Solomon some against FSU. He can rack up the blocks in a hurry.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I'd think that Barry Brown from KSU and Kendall Smith from OSU could be guys that could put up some surprisingly big numbers in conference.

egunzy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 16, 2008
Humeston, IA
I'd think that Barry Brown from KSU and Kendall Smith from OSU could be guys that could put up some surprisingly big numbers in conference.

Yeah, I had Barry Brown last year. Guards will definitely be plentiful. Manek (F) from OU has been putting up some big numbers

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Yeah, I had Barry Brown last year. Guards will definitely be plentiful. Manek (F) from OU has been putting up some big numbers

Yeah, but Doolittle should cut Manek’s minutes significantly.

I think Wade from KSU will probably have to play big minutes in the B12

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Carter would be just as easy #2 overall pick for me as Young #1 if it's all stats.

Wouldn't just be a homer to take Wigginton, especially if it's just scoring. The past six games he's at 20.5 ppg. Only Young is averaging more than that.

egunzy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 16, 2008
Humeston, IA
Carter would be just as easy #2 overall pick for me as Young #1 if it's all stats.

Wouldn't just be a homer to take Wigginton, especially if it's just scoring. The past six games he's at 20.5 ppg. Only Young is averaging more than that.

I agree and have Carter #2 on my board. The scoring is Points 1, Rebounds 1.2, Assists 1.5, Steals 2, Blocks 2 and Turnovers -1.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
How do you determine guard/forward? Do you go strictly by what is on the team roster?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron