Big 12 (and ISU) Cashing Checks in a 12 team playoff...

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
Decreased with the E3 agreement? Seems kinda dumb to do that unless they are willing to take a hit to get exposure first.
Agreed. Just saying what I heard......it was done to "play ball" with ESPN.

I am a test case of one, but I didn't sign up for ESPN + while I have been a 8 year (??) sub for cyclones.com. I hope that changes with our new bb coach.

Reactions: BCClone

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Decreased with the E3 agreement? Seems kinda dumb to do that unless they are willing to take a hit to get exposure first.
I saw it prostelyized somewhere else that ISU went along to get along. It does increase our exposure (many more sets have E+ than cyclonesTV-don't know how many more eyeballs on the actual product though) but is more beneficial for the entire conference than ISU specifically so ISU took the slight hit for the benefit of the conference in total.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I saw it prostelyized somewhere else that ISU went along to get along. It does increase our exposure (many more sets have E+ than cyclonesTV-don't know how many more eyeballs on the actual product though) but is more beneficial for the entire conference than ISU specifically so ISU took the slight hit for the benefit of the conference in total.

Think any consternation about E+ will ease when TJ rights the ship

I don't mind watching games on there. Better production value than CyTV. Easier to watch sports like WBB and VB (and WR at times) if you feel inclined, but on a broader platform.

Help Support Us

Become a patron