Big 10 Basketball Not Off To A Great Start

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Wisky loses in OT to St. Marys (respectable program)
MSU goes down to Kentucky
Michigan holds off Appalachian State and gets outscored by 13 in the second half
Illinois needs OT to beat Nicholls
UC Riverside handles Nebraska at home

Not good for conference RPI. How will the media spin that they'll get their 10 tourney seeds?

Last edited:

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
MSU will be alright. I figured they would lose last night and the game went exactly like I thought it would. Come March they will be in the final four again as a #2 seed.

• Agree
Reactions: cyrocksmypants

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Pretty sure Wisky vs St. Mary's was neutral court correct?
It was where we played Colorado, Sioux Falls Pentagon.
Hope we can get a game there again sometime. There was rumors a couple years ago about us playing Gonzaga, but that might have been at the Corn Palace and then we had that South Carolina game @ MSG instead.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
The Big 12 will be better than the Big Ten in every metric again this year for like the millionth season in a row

The Big 12 problem is that sports media sucks at basic math.

Since it went to ten teams and dropped Neb/Colorado it's quite clearly been the toughest basketball conference top to bottom, especially after WVU came in.

The problem is pretty much everybody expects our 10 teams to have the same number of tourney bids as the 14 and 15 team conferences or the Big 12 is "not as good".

Happens in football too. The perception is just the total # and people can't do the math that we have 4-5 less teams.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
The only real surprise based on most preseason forecasts I've seen, is Illinois struggling with Nicholls and how badly NU lost. Illinois is in the field in some bracket projections. NU is expected to struggle. U-M let the foot off the gas in the second half and nearly paid for it, but the cushion was large enough to endure.

Although this isn't a gospel-truth source, a handy point-of-reference from CBS 1-353.
35 Illinois
327 Nicholls

115 Nebraska
276 UC Riverside

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
It was where we played Colorado, Sioux Falls Pentagon.
Hope we can get a game there again sometime. There was rumors a couple years ago about us playing Gonzaga, but that might have been at the Corn Palace and then we had that South Carolina game @ MSG instead.

That was one ugly MF. (in Brooklyn)

Reactions: JP4CY

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
This thread will age well I predict.

not

It may not and I'll admit it if the Big10 does better than I expected. However I just feel like there will be a couple teams near the top, a few decent mid level teams and a whole lot of awful to prop up the average teams.

• Agree
Reactions: Snydes

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Tonight's games:

Green Bay @ Purdue
Cincinnati @ Ohio State (should be a fun one)

Reactions: Cyclone1995

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron