Bibbs to the Pack

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
Bibbs signs with Green bay, another reason to cheer for the Packers:wink:

AMES, Iowa – Iowa State linebacker Michael Bibbs has signed a free agent contract with the Green Bay Packers of the NFL. Bibbs is the second Cyclone to earn a contractual invitation to an NFL camp. Offensive lineman Doug Diedrick signed with the Houston Texans Monday.

Bibbs made 67 tackles the past two seasons in 19 Iowa State games. He also had 4.5 tackles for loss and 53 yards of interception returns on two picks. Bibbs had a career-high nine tackles in the 2008 season opener against South Dakota State. The Atlanta, Ga. native came to ISU after two years at Copiah-Lincoln (Miss.) Community College.
Bibbs Signs with Green Bay Packers - Iowa State University Athletics Official Web Site - www.CYCLONES.com - The home of Iowa State Cyclone Sports

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
Good to see Cyclones making the NFL rosters. I am sure Paul Rhoads will put his fair share of guys in the league when it is all said and done.

Congrats to Michael and Doug!

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
I won't pretend to understand NFL lingo, but the Packer website doesn't say anything about "signing" Bibbs to a free agent contract. They invited him to "try-out" at this weekend's camp for rookies and free agents.

Another article indicates they have signed several rookie free agents to three year contracts, namely RB Sutton from Northwestern and a WR from Central Michigan.

To use a college analogy, I'm guessing that make Terrell Sutton a "preferred walk-on" and Bibbs the kind of walk-on that gets to practice once school starts in August!