Been watching non Big 12 basketball lately...

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
right, and the ACC was hot garbage this year. In the tournament, they benefited from a 12 seed and a 14 seed winning. The Big 12 had key injuries. We all know about Kansas, but Baylor was without Langston Love.
Agree with this, everyone knew KU was hopeless. Baylor had an injury and played a very poor game and still almost made it to the sweet 16. BYU and Tech were the only real disappointments from a Big 12 point of view.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
If Baylor plays ok we have the 3 teams we expected to make a Sweet 16 make it. Big 12 is the deepest conference. Lots of tournament teams but not surprising that most of them didn't make the Sweet 16

Reactions: madguy30

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Agree with this, everyone knew KU was hopeless. Baylor had an injury and played a very poor game and still almost made it to the sweet 16. BYU and Tech were the only real disappointments from a Big 12 point of view.

I saw these two as feast or famine (still hated BYU as a potential matchup so no problem with them getting beat early) so wasn't too surprised to see them not do much.

• Agree
Reactions: tim_redd

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I agree but it'll be public perception that matters.

I can tell you for example, the B1G could be 5th best in the NET and have two teams in the tournament and fans from their teams would still see it as the best conference with the most physical NBA ready type of players that grind through hard nights at Indiana and Minnesota like no other conferences have weeknight away games.

The talking heads on ESPN etc. are paid to push the products, not the results.