Becoming a fan of a new team

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
My interest in the NHL died with the Nordiques...and it was just because of their dope sweaters anyway...

I kept seeing Bundesliga all the time on TV and realized I was watching it so I figured I'd cheer for the team that's near where we're from in the old country. That's Dortmund. But I've kind of started to like Leverkusen more.
My first Hockey game was a Quebec Nordiques @ Birmingham Bulls WHA game! Loved the sweaters too.

Reactions: weR138

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Fans are all different, and that is cool. I was born in Birmingham, and I graduated from Iowa State. Hence, the user name. As for the pros, I am not a die-hard fan of any team in any sport, but I try to enjoy the teams where I live. I have lived in 9 states. Currently, I favor FC Cincinnati (MLS), Columbus Blue Jackets (NHL) and Cincinnati Reds (MLB). I enjoy the NBA but am not really a fan of any team. I liked the Washington Bullets in the late 80s, because I lived in Northern Virginia and went to games. Do not care about the Wizards today. I liked the Shula Dolphins as a kid, but I no longer care about them one way or the other. To me, time and place and context are all important more than being a lifelong die-hard fan.