Baylor Returns Fiesta Bowl Tickets

Cyclone90

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 29, 2007
Baylor isn't exactly doing the Big 12 proud in their BCS bowl representation. They're returning some of their ticket allotment. I don't want to hear any excuses about UCF being a poor opponent either. ISU sells that many tickets to low end bowl games. The ISU ticket demand for a BCS bowl would be off the charts, regardless of the team or destination.

http://collegefootball.ap.org/article/baylor-return-more-5k-unsold-bowl-tickets

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
As bad as they gouge you for the low-tier bowls we go to I can't imagine how bad they gouge you for BCS bowls. That alone would keep a lot of people from buying through the university.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
tumblr_inline_mi8btlwrMx1qz4rgp.gif

Cyclone90

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 29, 2007
As bad as they gouge you for the low-tier bowls we go to I can't imagine how bad they gouge you for BCS bowls. That alone would keep a lot of people from buying through the university.

Agreed. Considering the opponent I'm sure the secondary market is killing those sales, but it still looks bad. It may end up being an embarrassing BCS bowl in many ways.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
ISU sells that many tickets to low end bowl games.

Fiesta Bowl: $230 for a lower-level end zone seat (through university), $95 to sit in the 400-level end zone

Liberty Bowl: $70 for a chair-back seat, $55 everywhere else

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Michigan apparently returned all but about 500 tickets from their allotment for the BWW bowl, but they ended up having a pretty damn good showing in terms of fan support. If it's anything like last year's Liberty Bowl, I could have gotten much better tickets much cheaper for that bowl game through third parties than I did when I bought them through the ISU athletics department. I'm wondering if a good amount of Baylor fans figured that out as well for this bowl game. We shall see.

Me State

Oct 19, 2007
Fiesta Bowl: $230 for a lower-level end zone seat (through university), $95 to sit in the 400-level end zone

At those prices maybe ISU should do their best not to make it to a premier bowl game. It isn't fair to the families and the fans without an expendable income. The university already is going to take away two of the hillsides. How much more mistreatment must the fans endure?
:jimlad:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

So, we need to make a higher tier bowl game to see what our fans are really made of! :smile:

Yikes, that is EXPENSIVE. There are a lot of stories of teams not getting their historic following this year, guessing this crazy cost is a factor.

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN
Michigan apparently returned all but about 500 tickets from their allotment for the BWW bowl, but they ended up having a pretty damn good showing in terms of fan support. If it's anything like last year's Liberty Bowl, I could have gotten much better tickets much cheaper for that bowl game through third parties than I did when I bought them through the ISU athletics department. I'm wondering if a good amount of Baylor fans figured that out as well for this bowl game. We shall see.

So what are these Fiesta Bowl tickets going for at non-University markets out of curiosity?

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
They go a crappy opponent because of their crappy fan support

wouldn't matter if the bowls knew 100% of their fans would go, they would have gotten the same matchup as now. We would have gotten the same matchup too. It is about TV viewers and neither Baylor or UCF, or ISU for that matter bring much.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
If ISU made a BCS game I would pay $230 to sit in the lower level. I wouldn't think twice about it either.
Baylor is trying to prove they are "big time" now with athletics, coaches, and facilities. Time for their fans to show their support.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
BU is a small school with a small alumni base so I would think it would be tough to sell out their allotment. They only put around 40k fans in the stands for home games so this allotment is over a fourth of their home average attendance. Factor in the cost and that is why they can't sellout their allotment.