BayLLLLLLLLor Now 0-8

wclarson

Oct 31, 2010
Ames, IA
I enjoy watching Baylor lose and their fan base completely meltdown but I am also thinking of where we were last year after 2 games under a new staff. We had lost to UNI (a bad UNI team) and gotten embarrassed by TTOE. Our fanbase wasn't calling for CMC's head like BU fans are for Rhule but I certainly questioned if he was in over his head at the time. Looking back at those first two games last year, that was just the cost of the process of a new coach and staff so is Baylor going through the same thing?

We started to see cultural changes and improvements after the TTOE game last year and it makes me wonder if we will see something similar with Baylor. The biggest difference is that the culture change for ISU had to happen from inside the locker room whereas the culture change at BU is both in the locker room and in the stands. In the end, I think Rhule may get the program moving in the right direction but I think the resistance from the fan base and perhaps from inside the locker room will be what keeps them from making strides forward.

In the end, Baylor is a terrible place with a concerning number of fans and alumni that can't own up to the culture problems that exist within their football program and athletic department. I feel bad for their fans that do understand these issues but I hope they are terrible and we beat them by 70 and never take the foot of the gas. Especially after the 2013 debacle (up 58-0 with less than 5min left and they still scored 2 more tds). Baylor had no class in victory and they have even less class in defeat.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Baylor offense is really really bad..like really bad. At home vs UTSA they amassed like 250 yds total offense and QB was like 35% comp..

By time we play BU there could be defections easily

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I won't say I'm proud, but I got drunk enough to not remember being at that game. I remember that ******* fumble though.
It was family weekend. We had three kids and assorted spouses & grandkids with us, and we sat on the hill with them.

I was stone cold sober.

That one really really hurt.

• Friendly
Reactions: isufrEEk

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
It was family weekend. We had three kids and assorted spouses & grandkids with us, and we sat on the hill with them.

I was stone cold sober.

That one really really hurt.

First game I ever took one of my kids to. Even though he was young, I was embarrassed. His favorite part was sitting on the curb and eating his lunch, we ate at a tent that game and tables were full. Fortunate he didn't know the game was awful.

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
Baylor offense is really really bad..like really bad. At home vs UTSA they amassed like 250 yds total offense and QB was like 35% comp..

By time we play BU there could be defections easily

This just proves that they'll have 550 yards and 80% completion when we come to town. ESPECIALLY if they have defections (backup QBs are our greatest kryptonite... see: Missouri 2005, Kansas 2005) or an interim head coach (see: Colorado 2010 and Kansas 2014).