Basketball transfer Lamonte Bearden

hoopitup

Feb 8, 2012
West Des Moines
The ability to get by his defender and finish in the lane around the trees...c'mon...I'd take this kid. Put him on a team with shooters and spacing. I think he would look good in Cardinal and Gold.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I'll take the transfer with upside and actual CBB experience over all but the most elite HS kids every day.

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
Explosive with a good handle, mean floater, and can finish from either side. Would really love for us to get this guy despite his difficulty beyond the arc and his love for the green :twitcy:

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Since when does a kid go to JUCO and then go to the original school he was going to? I can't recall it ever happening.

No, it probably wouldn't happen. But it might be worth the trade of never getting Lard.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Yeah what could us, Arizona, Wisconsin, A&M and Marquette possibly be thinking? I put the odds of us getting him as extremely low but he'd be a huge get.

Good get but not huge. He seems to be a chucker. His game reminds me of Isaiah Taylor but not as good. Makes sense if they don't think they can get their top PG targets though. Would definitely rather have him and Jackson than some lower ranked HS PG.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Good get but not huge. He seems to be a chucker. His game reminds me of Isaiah Taylor but not as good. Makes sense if they don't think they can get their top PG targets though. Would definitely rather have him and Jackson than some lower ranked HS PG.

He'd be the best transfer we have gotten in a while. We lose 3 of our top perimeter players in Naz, Matt and Monte. Replace that with Jackson, HS PG and Bearden and that is ideal. I don't think there is any correlation between our HS PG recruiting and Bearden since we have a lot of playing time to offer

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
He'd be the best transfer we have gotten in a while. We lose 3 of our top perimeter players in Naz, Matt and Monte. Replace that with Jackson, HS PG and Bearden and that is ideal. I don't think there is any correlation between our HS PG recruiting and Bearden since we have a lot of playing time to offer

I think you're forgetting Nick Babb and Jakolby Long...

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Our interest in Beardon is a bit of a head scratcher. If true it means an existing scholarship player won't be on the 2016/17 team. No way an existing scholarship player stays and pays his own way. If there is an issue, it would seem like Lard, Kosanga or Jackson are the most likely guys. I assume Jackson has been going to summer school, so I don't believe he would be the guy.

Curious if Jackson and Beardon know each other well, both being from Wisconsin and the same class.

Our recruitment of Beardon does seem odd based on having Donovon Jackson as our PG in waiting for the 2017/18 season and our recruitment of a number of HS PG's over the summer. It signifies to me a continued movement away from the traditional 5 positions to 3 positions - Combo Guard (2), Wing (1) and Post (2). We saw last year the growing trend of teams playing 2 PG's. KU, Nova, etc.

So it probably shouldn't be surprising, especially with Prohm's background and history of developing elite PG's, that ISU might join the trend and start 2 PG's. Afterall, it seems like the traditiona PG, who is an assist guy and defender, is a thing of the past. Most elite PG's today in college and the NBA are great scorers, assist guys and pressute defenders.

HardcoreClone

Jul 28, 2006
Maybe I missed it, but where has it been reported that ISU is actually interested in him? The original report just said those were the schools HE was interested talking to/going. Now that list could very well be a signal that there would be mutual interest before he officially requested his release, but we don't really know.

With that said, he would certainly be a better get for next season than any HS recruit we have a realistic chance at. Plus we would get him for another season after that. I would always take a proven player for 2 seasons than an unknown HS guy, and that's what Fred did too. Next season is huge for trying to continue the momentum, you do anything to reload the roster to win immediately. Having another guy to sit out with Kasongo would be nice as well. Again, just like Hoiberg did.

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
The guy dropped 14 ppg as a sophomore. He is a big time scorer. If he wants to come to Iowa State Prohm and staff will figure it out. He and Jackson would be a pretty lethal backcourt. Land this guy and the 2017-2018 roster is really coming together.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
The ISU interest was short lived even though there are no free scholarships.

@JonRothstein Buffalo transfer Lamonte Bearden told @CBSSports that he's considering Wichita State, Oregon, Miami, Virginia Tech, VCU, and Michigan.

(At least this should stop the who's not making it to campus conversation, for now)

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
The ISU interest was short lived even though there are no free scholarships.

@JonRothstein Buffalo transfer Lamonte Bearden told @CBSSports that he's considering Wichita State, Oregon, Miami, Virginia Tech, VCU, and Michigan.

(At least this should stop the who's not making it to campus conversation, for now)

You've been here for over 6 years... you know better.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron