Back to D-1 sports,....Jay Bilas tonight,....

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
Making excuses for Deputy Dawg getting dog-pounded in the Kennel in Spokane. "So hard with so many health issues." Zags play 7 only.

Compares the Zag home court to Cameron Indoor.

Polish that frozen turd JB.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
That is a CONSTANT theme every year. Whenever a Blue Blood loses someone to injury, the talking heads talk about the team as if their roster suddenly looks like the University of Texas at Arlington. I am not denying that losing Anthony will definitely hurt UNC, but c'mon, this program is loaded with top 100 / McDAA types of players. PLUS, the Blue Bloods now regularly get some of the best grad transfers.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
That is a CONSTANT theme every year. Whenever a Blue Blood loses someone to injury, the talking heads talk about the team as if their roster suddenly looks like the University of Texas at Arlington. I am not denying that losing Anthony will definitely hurt UNC, but c'mon, this program is loaded with top 100 / McDAA types of players. PLUS, the Blue Bloods now regularly get some of the best grad transfers.

Yeah, and they weren't any good with him.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Poor blue blood programs...sometimes have to wait until the next year to get another crop of 4 and 5 stars.

Gonzaga is a blue blood. Having been to McCarthy Athletic Center and seeing a few of their games all I can say is "contrived and choreographed" like probably every student section anywhere within the last decade.

• Informative
Reactions: mj4cy

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Out of curiosity I went back and looked, and Ol' Roy had some rough years on the recruiting trail. He's had some recent success with Cole Anthony, Armando Bacot, Coby White and Nassir Little, but White and Little are in the NBA and Anthony is hurt.

In 2015 his class ranked 70th in the nation.

2016 ranked 14th, but Tony Bradley left after his freshman year and Seventh Woods has never really panned out.

2017 ranked 19th but the main piece, Jalek Felton, got suspended and left the team and the rest of the guys were fringe top 150 players.

So while Bilas can claim injuries, Roy hasn't brought in much for talent over the last 4-5 years, and the guys he has brought in were one-and-done.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Gonzaga is a blue blood. Having been to McCarthy Athletic Center and seeing a few of their games all I can say is "contrived and choreographed" like probably every student section anywhere within the last decade.

Today's bluebloods: Kentucky, Kansas, UNC, Duke, Gonzaga,

Potentially Michigan State, Villanova, Louisville

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron