Atmosphere…horrible

LAClone

Apr 26, 2010
They should flip the band over to the SEZ seats, nobody sits there anyways.

It's where the band was 20 years ago. It was terrible from a band perspective, but a lot of that was because of the massive separation from the student section and that the old bleachers were terrible.

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA
2023 Cyclone Football has had a rough start.

Bad Offense
Bad donor parking
Bad Ticket Scanners
Bad WiFi
Bad Flyovers
Bad Ames Traffic
Bad Student Section. Due to being moved

IMHO

So far this year my GameDay Experiamce has been the worst in 15 or so years. Once again IMHO.

Reactions: exCYtable

loyalsons4evertrue

Sep 18, 2020
I literally LOL'd at this because this is every boomer fan take in our fan base.

Are we a historically bad program? Yes.

Has Matt Campbell raised the standard at Iowa State where bowl games are now expected on pretty much an annual basis? Yes

Do we have to run a pre-21st century offense to go with one of the best defenses in the country? NO.

Should Iowa State fans only have to settle for a .500 record and that is only where this program can go? NO! (Look at what Snyder did and now what Klieman is doing at K-State).

Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

isufanz1

Apr 11, 2006
WDM
I literally LOL'd at this because this is every boomer fan take in our fan base.

Are we a historically bad program? Yes.

Has Matt Campbell raised the standard at Iowa State where bowl games are now expected on pretty much an annual basis? Yes

Do we have to run a pre-21st century offense to go with one of the best defenses in the country? NO.

Should Iowa State fans only have to settle for a .500 record and that is only where this program can go? NO! (Look at what Snyder did and now what Klieman is doing at K-State).
Heck even look at Baylor - massive sex scandal in FB program coach fired, BB player murdered someone, were doormats for the first 8+yrs of Big 12, but won Big12 couple years ago and national champs BB.

Many Iowa State fans are the real life equivalent to Eeyore.

• Agree
Reactions: irish

RoseClone

Oct 18, 2006
Even worse was I the second half; Iowa time out(Media time out) Iowa score (Media time out) kickoff (media time out). Couldn't have been more then 30 seconds of game time off the clock
Big money college football at it's finest right there. Isn't it great?

Combined with two boring offenses....not fun. Boring, boring teams.

cyclonestunners

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 14, 2011
I didn’t know this was played after first td second half. I thought it was timed for big moments in the game to get the crowd pumped
I think that WOULD be the better option. Sadly... I only know this because I had the same issue on one of the different games we didn't' score a td in the second half until later :(

• Informative
Reactions: cyclones12321

cyfan27

Oct 23, 2006
So another year, same ol crap!!
1. Two weeks in a row and we can coordinate the fly over with the end of the National Anthem.
2. Nothing against the Bells of Iowa State but that tune brings the crowd down. Need to play that right away and get it out of the way.
3. Need to find new music to get fans in the stand off their butts! Yesterday was far from electric! When the crowd needed to get into it we wouldn’t.
4. Our big go to is the headset cam and the Buff City flex for the camera… Really! Half the people didn’t even realize they were on camera!
5. And finally, the one song that gets people up and into the game, Juicy Wiggle, and they play it with 2 minutes left in the game. The person in charge doesn’t know anything about creating an electric atmosphere.

I understand bills need to be paid but let’s get some energy in our crowd. And it starts with the person in charge of selecting the audio. I watched several games last night and you could hear the crowd getting into the game. If you think our stadium is electric, go to Virgian Tech, Alabama, LSU, Clemson, Penn St. even K-State! You will see a vast difference. We need to rethink our current practice and get some energy at Jack Trice Stadium !!!
I agree 100%. Our pregame music and rituals calm people down. Get them amped up prior to the team coming out and keep them that way. Our pumped in music, constant band playing and the timing is brutal. As much as I hate Iowa I love their pregame energy when I watch this game over there.

• Haha
Reactions: CyNews

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I agree 100%. Our pregame music and rituals calm people down. Get them amped up prior to the team coming out and keep them that way. Our pumped in music, constant band playing and the timing is brutal. As much as I hate Iowa I love their pregame energy when I watch this game over there.
You ever been to one in Kinnick? It isn't a whole lot different energy wise that Saturday was.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
it feels like the script of the game needs some flexibility. Juicy Wiggle had the crowd going and Iowa called a timeout shortly after. Then the band played but Juicy Wiggle should have just picked back up. We ended up with a stop but the timeout completely took the energy out of the stadium and it could have done the opposite.

This has been my take for a few years. The band gets interrupted for smile cam. The music gets interrupted for the band. They need one good person in charge to coordinate/DJ the whole thing between all the different media in the stadium. It's not really that hard to do, but you do have to have the right person doing it. And let them run it.

The way everything is pre-planned and set in concrete, it just feels more like "mandatory fun will now happen" with zero reading the emotion of the crowd. What should be an advantage is a disadvantage.

Juicy Wiggle, Sandstorm, et al should be gasoline poured the crowds emotional fire. Instead, we seem to be locked into throwing wet blankets around.

• Winner
Reactions: thisISnextyear

Jeff51106

Jun 11, 2013
I understand that there is a time during Iowa home games that everyone in the stands turns to the hospital and cheers. Perhaps we could do something similar, only turning to the Vet school.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I understand that there is a time during Iowa home games that everyone in the stands turns to the hospital and cheers. Perhaps we could do something similar, only turning to the Vet school.
Well, the iowa fans waved to the SE at JTS so they actually were waving at the sick dogs and livestock there.