Article and picture of new entrance tunnel

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
Interesting pic, but looking at the tunnel, does that mean the team will be coming out the middle of the Jacobsen building? What about the band bleachers?

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
Ummmm......when do the phallic remarks start? Will we show clips from Austin Powers 2 as well? That looks like a.........Johnson, paging Mr Johnson.

borc4cy

Aug 26, 2006
DSM, IA
When I heard that they were going to chnage the football entrance I thought it would be something better then this. I dont like this one bit.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Not sure what to say...maybe in the moment with the music, smoke and crowd going wild when the team comes busting through the face mask that it will look great. But as it sits there, all I can say is that Cydsho nailed it with his comments.

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
I would say its better than coming down a paved hill to jock jams. That looked like North Polk versus Bondurant.
Without changing the stadium and with a tight budget this is what we will get. I'm sure there will be better stuff in the future provided we win some frickin games. I personally think it looks fine.

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying I hate this, anything to change the gameday environment is a plus. Its just a unique design. What fun my friends and I will have with this after a few adult beverages......

hilbs31

Apr 1, 2006
I would say its better than coming down a paved hill to jock jams. That looked like North Polk versus Bondurant.
Without changing the stadium and with a tight budget this is what we will get. I'm sure there will be better stuff in the future provided we win some frickin games. I personally think it looks fine.
I would rather have an entrance that looks like a high school game than that of what you would see at Chuck E Cheese.

Maybe after the players come out, ISU will fill it with little plastic balls and the kids can take a break from sliding down their hill seats.

ISU blew it with this choice.

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
Ya win some...ya lose some.
Hopefully we win the games b/c there is nothing worse than a pre-game tunnel etc.. when you are 2-5.

I think if they would have made the tunnel a little bigger and took off the football helmet would have been a better idea.

Mar 19, 2006
Out west.
Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying I hate this, anything to change the gameday environment is a plus. Its just a unique design. What fun my friends and I will have with this after a few adult beverages......

I would rather have seen something unique. Seems like a lot of teams come out of inflatable tunnels lately. (wish I had stock in an inflatable tunnel company) Now ISU has one. Big Deal. I think it looks cheesy. But, if thats what people want. It's OK with me.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
May not be 100% what was envisioned by some, but it is leaps and bounds better than just walking down the side of the building... I like it.

MidwestZest

Apr 22, 2006
Sycamore, IL
Band bleachers will be divided down the middle. Two sets of bleachers, actually, with this tunnel in the middle. the band will occupy the whole eastern bleacher, and half of the western bleacher.

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
This looks terrible, and I preferred the slow walk down the side. Add to the fact that the siren won't be a tornado siren and ISU really dropped the ball on this one.

St8Grad

Mar 30, 2006
Nashville, TN
Great idea, but this looks pretty cheasy. I think they look more intiminating just walking down the side. We'll need to go back to the drawing board on this...next year that is.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
I don't think it'll look so bad, with Midwest Zest's description. Most likely the "tunnel" will be hidden by the bleachers, so you'll only be able to see the Helmet. I think it's going to look stellar.

Plus, I don't think the sirens will be that different from tornado sirens. They can't have it completely the same for weather reasons, but it won't be a quick Ambulence siren.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
If the bleachers are covering or camouflaging most of the shaft leading up to the helmet then the overall look will be greatly enhanced. The tunnel leading to the helmet is the only distracting item of the new entrance. Regardless, Go Clones!!