Anyone going to Greensboro?

WSCyclone

Mar 22, 2022
I would be interested in suggestions for what to do with an 8-year-old girl and 6-year-old boy on Saturday and Sunday (pre-game). I haven't done any research on activities yet, but I did just book a hotel near the Four Seasons Town Centre.

If you have any "must-try" restaurant suggestions, I'm happy to hear those too!

Things to Do With the Kids
If they like animals....try the Greensboro Science Center, it is like a zoo, aquarium, and museum in one. If you want to travel a little bit outside of Greensboro, the NC Zoo in Asheboro. It is the worlds largest natural habitat zoo....this means a lot of walking.
If they like to pretend play... try the Greensboro Children's Museum. Lots of fun exhibits. If you want another fun children's museum, the Kalideum in Winston Salem is worth the stop.
If they are interested in history...try the International Civil Rights Museum. This is something I would recommend for anyone coming to Greensboro, not just kids. Old Salem in Winston is a great stop as well. If you go here, make sure to stop at Winkler Bakery. Muddy Creek Cafe is a great spot for lunch. Both of these activities are closed on Sundays so plan accordingly.
If they like to be outside... the area has a ton of great parks and playgrounds. LeBauer park in downtown Greensboro is very unique. If you want to go hiking, there are several trails available. Try Piedmont Environmental Center or Salem Lake (note all the way around the lake is 7 miles). If you are looking for an adventure a little further away, then check out Pilot Mountain or Hanging Rock State Park. These are more challenging hikes but absolutely gorgeous.
Other random reccomendations... the Piedmont Farmers Market is a great way to kill an hour or two. The Moose Cafe on site has great pancakes.

Restaurant Suggestions
If you want pizza... have to stop at Cugino Forno in Revolution Mill. Great Neapolitan style pizza with a fun atmosphere. Cafeteria style seating and can watch the pizzas being made in the wood fire oven.
If you want burgers... Emma Keyes is a very kid friendly small diner with decent burgers. If you are looking for a great burger, then stop at Hops Burger Bar.
If you want American... Village Tavern is excellent. Large variety on the menu.
If you want barbeque... take the trip down to Lexington. It is famous for its barbeque. They have a vinegar based sauce so it is not for everyone. There is many different bbq restaurants but no consensus on which one is the best. The Barbeque Center is worth going for just the banana split. It will be something your kids remember forever.
If you want tacos...try Crafted. These aren't your typical tacos though so don't go if you are craving Mexican.
If you want a quick bite...Bandito Bodega started as a food truck but has since opened a small store front for mostly takeout. There are a handful of tables inside. The food is awesome.
If you want something close to your hotel... Darryl's Wood Fired Grill, it is an experience. Very unique decor. Food is good too.
If you are tired of your kids and need a good beer, try Natty Greenes. Its got good beer and decent food. Also many of the brewerys are family friendly and tend to have food trucks on the weekends.

I hope that helps!

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Doing a little research last night. It seems that there are several decent-looking sports bars just north and east of the Greensboro Coliseum.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Arrived in Greensboro. Met a great Cyclone fan couple on the plane. Looking forward to meeting others down here.

Staying near the airport for now. Planning to go to the pep rally at Grandhoven Resort on Friday. May move over to the team hotel later in the weekend. Cannot wait for tomorrow night. I'm even pumped about the pep rally!

Blandboy

Mar 31, 2006
Bettendorf
I AM a fan of the Spiders actually. You can look at my recent post history for more detail, but I did my MBA at Richmond and follow them as my #2 team. I live 10 minutes from the campus. Last week was amazing for me.

My 6-year-old in particular would LOVE to "meet" the players. He knows just about all of them by name at this point! We're going to be pretty close to the court, behind the basket, so we'll see how it goes.

Attachments

• 04EF060E-524A-4C3E-8B8B-A1FBBD1D58AB.jpeg
    04EF060E-524A-4C3E-8B8B-A1FBBD1D58AB.jpeg
    536.1 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: farm85