Anybody watching this Arizona/Oregon game?

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
not it as sure, if fsu loses a game the acc isn't in that different a spot. If fsu and nd aren't in the picture I think it's a lock for two sec teams.

If the Big 12 just gets one team a year it could potentially be the most represented conference, but as I keep saying simple math and football media coverage don't mix.

well there's no way to do this but I'd bet a lot of money that no conference will ever get 2 teams in to the 4 team playoff. I don't think this playoff format will be around for much more than a decade and with five power conferences that would take two conferences to have their best team have 2 or more losses in a given year. That's not likely to happen

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
well there's no way to do this but I'd bet a lot of money that no conference will ever get 2 teams in to the 4 team playoff. I don't think this playoff format will be around for much more than a decade and with five power conferences that would take two conferences to have their best team have 2 or more losses in a given year. That's not likely to happen

I agree with you it'll go to 8 fast. I'm not so sure the committee dumps a team that clearly looks to be third or fourth to throw a bone to a conference.

8 is absolutely perfect anyway. One or two losses can still end playoff hopes for any major conf teams. Minor conf teams still likely have to run the table. I'd be sad to see it go to 16 though because you'd have top 10 teams knowing they could lose and stay alive late in the year.

BearDownAZ

May 27, 2014
2 years in a row taking down Oregon after blowing them out last year in Tucson and now in Autzen Stadium. Anu Solomon is legit and getting better every game as a RS freshman. I still doubt we go undefeated through conference play, but Rich Rod has certainly gotten our program rolling.

The Pac 12 refs as always made fools of themselves all game long, plenty of bad calls for both sides.