any spider experts?

BeTheCyclone

Oct 19, 2010
Anyone know of a good method of getting rid of and preventing spiders in a home? Seems like they have increased in numbers the last few years, especially in the basement and on the deck.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Anyone know of a good method of getting rid of and preventing spiders in a home? Seems like they have increased in numbers the last few years, especially in the basement and on the deck.

my bug guy said the dehumidifier helps.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
spray spray spray. Those spiders are all over the place. I must have killed about 20 last year. They are relatively harmless. I freaked out and thought they were a brown recluse until I looked into it further. They are just ground spiders.
trachelas_tran.jpg

Also, keep clear of the Hobo spider, they look a lot like a grass spider but have big anteneas on the front.

edr247

Aug 4, 2010
Why are people so scared of spiders? I kind of like them, actually...

Now centipedes/millipedes... those things creep me out. Just something about the way they move...

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest

we have the outside of our foundation sprayed in the late fall before winter sets in and it seems to help. It helps to keep other bugs (food) out as well.

JY07

Aug 20, 2009
DSM
spray spray spray. Those spiders are all over the place. I must have killed about 20 last year. They are relatively harmless. I freaked out and thought they were a brown recluse until I looked into it further. They are just ground spiders.
trachelas_tran.jpg

Also, keep clear of the Hobo spider, they look a lot like a grass spider but have big anteneas on the front.

relatively harmless or not, this is the proper response:

kill-it-with-fire.jpg

Help Support Us

Become a patron