Another PC computer and now I need to sign in with Microsoft...need advice.

Yaz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 29, 2018
Need some IT help here. I have added a 3rd computer to our home in the last 8 months and because my work will not supply LT's to the salespeople anymore, I had to buy another one...pisses me off BTW. This laptop will basically be just used as a way to get through my companies portal and to my computer at the office. My question is, should I be setting these all up under my one Microsoft account or should I have several Microsoft accounts, one for each computer. I don't know enough about the advantages/dis to know what is best of show on this. Should I have a different Microsoft account for each computer? Can I set this up without using a Microsoft account? Any thoughts and advise is appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
I just recently wiped my hard drive clean to reinstall Windows 10 and noticed the Microsoft sign in crap. No, you don’t have to do it. The links to bypass it are really small, and they REALLY WANT you to login with a Microsoft account but it’s avoidable.

If you HAVE to sign in, I would just use one Microsoft account so that all your computers sync up. There’s no point in giving in to Microsoft but also making it harder for yourself by creating multiple MS logins.

Yaz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 29, 2018
I just recently wiped my hard drive clean to reinstall Windows 10 and noticed the Microsoft sign in crap. No, you don’t have to do it. The links to bypass it are really small, and they REALLY WANT you to login with a Microsoft account but it’s avoidable.

If you HAVE to sign in, I would just use one Microsoft account so that all your computers sync up. There’s no point in giving in to Microsoft but also making it harder for yourself by creating multiple MS logins.
The **** is strong-arming me. I don't see away around it...use current or create new.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
The **** is strong-arming me. I don't see away around it...use current or create new.

Maybe it depends on your version of Windows 10. Mine is a grandfathered license from when I had Windows 7 Ultimate, so versions lower than Ultimate or Pro may force you to log in.

I just know my install was REALLY insistent, but there were definitely obscure options that allowed you to skip around. Maybe if there’s a cancel button on the login screen for a Microsoft account, you can skip by?

Yaz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 29, 2018
Maybe it depends on your version of Windows 10. Mine is a grandfathered license from when I had Windows 7 Ultimate, so versions lower than Ultimate or Pro may force you to log in.

I just know my install was REALLY insistent, but there were definitely obscure options that allowed you to skip around. Maybe if there’s a cancel button on the login screen for a Microsoft account, you can skip by?

Its not giving me an option. I guess I could open a new account under my company address? I hate computers.

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
They make it harder with every Windows 10 update. The only way around it now is to make sure that you do NOT connect to a network until you are booted all of the way into the home screen. It will keep asking you to connect but just keep ignoring it.

• Informative
Reactions: Yaz