AmazonSmile Donations for We Will Collective

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Amazon smile is 0.5% of all sales.
Made a few purchases on AmazonSmile yesterday. It's not much, about $30-40, from $700-800 purchases (mine is set to Cyclone Gridiron Club for now), but it all adds up.

More to come from me, and others. I think it's great!

Reactions: Messi and Mr.G.Spot

Cyclone Pfan

Dec 7, 2022
So I ordered something last night that was eligible, but it doesn't look like it applied a donation. So I wonder if it takes a day before they start donating?
If you review your order details in the app, you should see something like this near the order #:

"Supporting: We Will Collective Incorporated"

• Informative
Reactions: SCNCY

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
For Amazon Smile, is there a way to default your Amazon app to use smile? I signed up and got a link for a website, but wasn’t sure if there was an app for it?
Not sure about this for phone (if you are referring to phone), but on my home laptop, after I pulled up AmazonSmile page for the first time, I saved it into my "favorites". So when I shop Amazon, I just pull it up from my favorites, and make sure I'm on the AmazonSmile page, not Amazon, especially before I hit that final purchase button.

I made the mistake, on one of my purchases, and hit the purchase button, while on Amazon (not AmazonSmile). Ooof. I realized it right away. It was a simple solution of "cancelling" the order right away. Then I re-did the order on AmazonSmile! :)
Yeah, the settings are a bit different as compared to shopping Amazon from the web browser, but here are the couple steps to enable it in the settings of the Amazon shopping app for iOS and android: https://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=15576745011
If you review your order details in the app, you should see something like this near the order #:

"Supporting: We Will Collective Incorporated"
Yeah, I think you should see that, or "your" charity. If not, check to make sure you ordered it "AmazonSmile".

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
Welp, our AmazonSmile options are coming to an abrupt end. Just received the newsletter from Amazon:

Dear customer,

In 2013, we launched AmazonSmile to make it easier for customers to support their favorite charities. However, after almost a decade, the program has not grown to create the impact that we had originally hoped. With so many eligible organizations—more than 1 million globally—our ability to have an impact was often spread too thin.

We are writing to let you know that we plan to wind down AmazonSmile by February 20, 2023. We will continue to pursue and invest in other areas where we’ve seen we can make meaningful change—from building affordable housing to providing access to computer science education for students in underserved communities to using our logistics infrastructure and technology to assist broad communities impacted by natural disasters.

To help charities that have been a part of the AmazonSmile program with this transition, we will be providing them with a one-time donation equivalent to three months of what they earned in 2022 through the program, and they will also be able to accrue additional donations until the program officially closes in February. Once AmazonSmile closes, charities will still be able to seek support from Amazon customers by creating their own wish lists.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Welp, our AmazonSmile options are coming to an abrupt end. Just received the newsletter from Amazon:
Just got the same. Too bad.

I will start a new thread to alert CF members that they have until Feb. 20, before it closes. It won't hurt to start a new thread, re. the deadline. Might generate some last minute sales.

Edit: New thread up. I put it in the BB forum.

Last edited:

Help Support Us

Become a patron