Alright, which one of you guys is applying?

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Let's see, I'm a former ISU basketball manager, ISU Journalism school alum, and announce games at the local high school (even started announcing games 17 years ago when I was in high school), I'm a a lock! Now about that commute though... Think I could get former President Leath to fly me in each night from Chicago?
Need a new one after first flight with “Crash” Leath. You must have a death wish

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
I have opinions on this. We need a homer who is not manic. We need someone who isn’t trying to be the show. We need someone with a voice that isn’t annoying.

The basketball guy had lost a few steps the last couple of years but he was still really good. The football guy was equally as good.

I thought the basketball guy was great. Did a great job of stoking the Hilton Magic when runs were building. Easy to understand why he lost a few steps last 2 years. There was very little magic.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I thought the basketball guy was great. Did a great job of stoking the Hilton Magic when runs were building. Easy to understand why he lost a few steps last 2 years. There was very little magic.

I love him. But it wasn’t just the last two years. It was more than that and he’d get names wrong more often than he did before.

It wasn’t a big deal and I can guarantee that I’ll wish he was back when I’m annoyed by the new guy.

Reactions: exCYtable

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
They should totally do a Jeopardy style rotation for this coming season and have ISU personalities rotate every few games or so. You could even have a celebrity night where Niang takes the wheel for a game.

Cybone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I considered applying, I have the face for radio, but probably the voice for silent theater.