All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Lol you had double digit posts on the depth chart before most knew it was posted.

that’s literally what he said.

Newell is average.
I posted it an hour after it was released

Brian is a liar but so is Kirk so not sure who's lying here

Newell is better than average. Your fellow Hawkeye fan just compared him to Austin Blythe

JohnnyHopkins

Aug 13, 2019
I posted it an hour after it was released

Brian is a liar but so is Kirk so not sure who's lying here

Newell is better than average. Your fellow Hawkeye fan just compared him to Austin Blythe
Kirk has always said he doesn’t care what the depth chart says.

lol that’s silly. Blythe was an All American.

JohnnyHopkins

Aug 13, 2019
See below
That's ridiculous.

Blythe (playing in the best OL conference):
2012 - First team Freshman All-American
2013 - HM All Big Ten
2014 - Second team All-Big10
2015 - Rimington finalist; 3rd team All American; 2nd Team All American

Newell (Playing in the worst OL conference):
2017 - Scout Team Player of the year

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
That's ridiculous.

Blythe (playing in the best OL conference):
2012 - First team Freshman All-American
2013 - HM All Big Ten
2014 - Second team All-Big10
2015 - Rimington finalist; 3rd team All American; 2nd Team All American

Newell (Playing in the worst OL conference):
2017 - Scout Team Player of the year
Newell was hurt last year. I wouldn't be surprised at him be All Conference like Blythe was as a junior but I'm not the one who said it

CyHawk1605

Jun 22, 2020
Where did you hear that? He put up 20 against me in fantasy
He only had 29 yards on 10 carries. The big reason he scored points is because of his lone touchdown. He also did have 30 receiving yards. RB’s always put up big numbers in fanasty that’s why they always are taken first.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Wirfs wasn’t even that bad. He wasn’t great but he only gave up 1 sack and he was a rookie going up against Khalil Mack.

He had two holding penalties and he gave up another sack to Mack that was negated due to an unrelated penalty

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
He only had 29 yards on 10 carries. The big reason he scored points is because of his lone touchdown. He also did have 30 receiving yards. RB’s always put up big numbers in fanasty that’s why they always are taken first.
So you didn't hear he had a bad game you just looked at the box score?

He had arguably the play of the game to set up the game winner, had a rushing TD and was running behind an already poor OL that lost some guy named James Daniels who's actually been solid this year after a tough year last season

CyHawk1605

Jun 22, 2020
So you didn't hear he had a bad game you just looked at the box score?

He had arguably the play of the game to set up the game winner, had a rushing TD and was running behind an already poor OL that lost some guy named James Daniels who's actually been solid this year after a tough year last season
So if you use this as the case, Nate Stanley played great against ISU this past year (which he didn’t) when he had the play of the game in the QB sneak for the TD. Well maybe it wasn’t the play of the game, but it was still big.

• Dumb
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
So if you use this as the case, Nate Stanley played great against ISU this past year (which he didn’t) when he had the play of the game in the QB sneak for the TD. Well maybe it wasn’t the play of the game, but it was still big.
No. You made up that you heard Montgomery was "awful". I corrected you. Stanley is irrelevant in college and professional football not sure what he has to do with this

• Haha
Reactions: 1776