All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Well you can't blame Goodson for Hall having a bad OL.

That said, Hall is definitely a really good bruiser with the ball. I just think Goodson has better vision, is quicker and faster, and obviously can run with power himself, evidenced by the way he trucked Eisworth. We can all agree that Nebby sucks on D but we can also agree that they get stud 4* recruits who are really fast, and Goodson outran them all.
Wouldn't Hall then not do as well if he had a worse OL though?

Pointing out a single play in which a RB trucked a safety before stepping out of bounds is not the deciding factor in who is a more powerful runner, that'd probably go to the guy who broke the most tackles, which Breece Hall did the most of as a freshman running back in the entire nation.

Also, WVU defense wasn't much worse than Nebby's and Breece literally ran away from them. 132 yards, 3 TD's.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
Then why was David Montgomery used more if he wasn't a better all around back? Why did he make PFF's AA team two times while Wadley didn't receive anything remotely similar? You know the answer to that question..

I already told you Wadley shared time with a back that also had over 1000 yards in 2016.

In 2015, Wadley was behind Daniels and Canzeri.

Iowa was more talented at RB at that time.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Wouldn't Hall then not do as well if he had a worse OL though?

Pointing out a single play in which a RB trucked a safety before stepping out of bounds is not the deciding factor in who is a more powerful runner, that'd probably go to the guy who broke the most tackles, which Breece Hall did the most of as a freshman running back in the entire nation.

Also, WVU defense wasn't much worse than Nebby's and Breece literally ran away from them. 132 yards, 3 TD's.

When did I say Goodson is a more powerful runner than Hall?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
It really is crazy that Hall started for 2/3 of the season and essentially only played one top forty defense. Do you honestly not think that getting to play terrible defenses every week has an inflationary effect on Hall’s stats and performances?
Breece Hall played two top 40 defenses, one was against OU, which would've been the second most yards Goodson would've ever had all last year, one was against Notre Dame, which would've been more yards than Goodson had in 9 out of the 12 games he played.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I already told you Wadley shared time with a back that also had over 1000 yards in 2016.

In 2015, Wadley was behind Daniels and Canzeri.

Iowa was more talented at RB at that time.
LOL those guys were average RB's running behind one of the best OL in the country.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
It is amazing how much just recently you disparage the guy. Now he is better than an NFL player. Holy ****.

College production doesnt always translate to the NFL.

You will start to understand that the more guys ISU puts in the NFL. I understand it's a fairly new concept for you at this point.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
I still don't really get that argument. How can one be a better college athlete but that not translate to the pro's lol? Even if you are trying to say it's a size thing the NFL would still take a chance on you to prove yourself. To me, that's just a coping mechanism hawk fans use
You're travelling down a pretty slippery slope there. Arguing about NFL success when comparing college football players is not going to be a winning argument for you overall.

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
Breece Hall played two top 40 defenses, one was against OU, which would've been the second most yards Goodson would've ever had all last year, one was against Notre Dame, which would've been more yards than Goodson had in 9 out of the 12 games he played.

You didn’t answer my question. Do you really not think that getting to face awful defenses every week has an inflationary effect on Hall’s stats? Particularly when you compare them to Goodson, who played 5 or 6 top forty defenses?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You didn’t answer my question. Do you really not think that getting to face awful defenses every week has an inflationary effect on Hall’s stats? Particularly when you compare them to Goodson, who played 5 or 6 top forty defenses?

So the only reason Hall averaged more yards per carry and yards per touch with a much worse OL was because we faced a top 5 schedule? Lol

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Goodson against Michigan: 6 carries, 15 yards
Against Penn State: 8 carries, 35 yards
Against Purdue: 5 carries, 6 yards
Against Wisconsin: 5 carries, 26 yards
Against Illinois: 21 carries, 38 yards

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Goodson didn't have 100 rushing yards combined against Illinois, Purdue, and Rutgers. Those teams rank 77th, 98th, and 100th in total defense. Breece had 132 yards against just WVU, the 74th best team. Breece also had 3 TD's.

In two games (TTU / WVU), Breece racked up 50% of Goodson's yardage in the entire season. He also had the same amount of TD's in those two games as Goodson did the entire season.
Bump

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
You never answered our questions before, do you not think that Iowa's defensive stats are inflated by playing some of the worst offensive teams in all of CF?

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
Goodson against Michigan: 6 carries, 15 yards
Against Penn State: 8 carries, 35 yards
Against Purdue: 5 carries, 6 yards
Against Wisconsin: 5 carries, 26 yards
Against Illinois: 21 carries, 38 yards

So you’re not going to answer my question - got it. I already know what the answer to the question is, I just wanted to see if you’d admit it. Apparently you aren’t impartial or intellectually honest enough to do so.

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
You never answered our questions before, do you not think that Iowa's defensive stats are inflated by playing some of the worst offensive teams in all of CF?

I’ve stated numerous times that Iowa’s defensive stats, particularly stats like total yards and points per game, are inflated due to playing teams like Rutgers and Northwestern. For some reason, Iowa State fans aren’t willing to admit that their offensive stats are inflated due to playing in the Big XII.

CyHawk1605

Jun 22, 2020
That's their problem, they don't have a workhorse back under them right now. Goodson might be that if he truly added weight, but as I've pointed out already, last year he showed he was really only a "big run or bust" type of back. He would only get 1-2 YPC then bam bust a bigger run. That's how he got his YPC up to 5ish that @Brodie0 jerks off to. Iowa wants someone like Hall who will consistently pick up 4-5 YPC on every run with the chance to break one for 20-40 yards. But I don't see anyone on their roster who is capable at this moment
Goodson added about 10 pounds in the off-season.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
So you’re not going to answer my question - got it. I already know what the answer to the question is, I just wanted to see if you’d admit it. Apparently you aren’t impartial or intellectually honest enough to do so.
I'll defer to the impartial media members who don't give a crap about Iowa State or Iowa who put Hall as a 1st team Freshman All-American, and vote him as one of the best returning RB's in all of CFB for next year.

Help Support Us

Become a patron