All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Iowa doesn’t run the same defense that Iowa State does. And I hate to break it to you, but Don Brown was using a hybrid LB/Safety long before Heacock got to Iowa State.

Funny if that is what you think it is. How simple minded. I saw in the Rutgers game they were running a 3-3 stack. Also incorporated some of our coverage schemes. Sorry still laughing that you think the only thing we do different is a lb/safety hybrid. I might as well stop here because you apparently don’t get much for details.

• Funny
Reactions: HOU_Blue

HOU_Blue

Aug 16, 2019
Funny if that is what you think it is. How simple minded. I saw in the Rutgers game they were running a 3-3 stack. Also incorporated some of our coverage schemes. Sorry still laughing that you think the only thing we do different is a lb/safety hybrid. I might as well stop here because you apparently don’t get much for details.

Wow, I didn’t realize that Heacock invented the 3-3-5 alignment- how innovative! I’d also love to hear your analysis on what coverage schemes Iowa implemented that they stole from Heacock and how it differs from the coverage schemes they were running prior to Heacock getting to Iowa State - I’m just so simple minded when it comes to football that I need a sophisticated football mind like you to explain this to me. Thanks a bunch!

• Dumb
Reactions: JP4CY

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Wow, I didn’t realize that Heacock invented the 3-3-5 alignment- how innovative! I’d also love to hear your analysis on what coverage schemes Iowa implemented that they stole from Heacock and how it differs from the coverage schemes they were running prior to Heacock getting to Iowa State - I’m just so simple minded when it comes to football that I need a sophisticated football mind like you to explain this to me. Thanks a bunch!

Still trying to simplify it to a basic set which it isn’t. I didn’t say you were simple minded in football, just simple- minded. There is a difference.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Never change Benji

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

HOU_Blue

Aug 16, 2019

Am I confident in an Iowa secondary that is likely missing four of its top six guys? Not particularly. Luckily, Iowa’s DL should be able to manhandle the Iowa State OL, and Iowa State’s receivers are merely good- there’s no one as good as Butler or Lazard to match up against, at least not right now. That should help alleviate some of the pressure.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Am I confident in an Iowa secondary that is likely missing four of its top six guys? Not particularly. Luckily, Iowa’s DL should be able to manhandle the Iowa State OL, and Iowa State’s receivers are merely good- there’s no one as good as Butler or Lazard to match up against, at least not right now. That should help alleviate some of the pressure.

You guys really struggle with depth that's for sure

• Funny
Reactions: HOU_Blue

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Post Cy-Hawk team:

QB- Purdy
RB- Ehh whatever
TE- Kolar
WR- Jones
WR- Pettway
WR- Smith-Marsette