All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Pretty fair list.

Could argue a DE spot and at corner.

I also think Milton will be a better WR than Jones.

An Iowa TE will probably have the best numbers of the bunch.

I think Julius Brents could take Oji's spot at the other corner sometime this season. I'll defer to you between Jones and Milton, Jones just seemed like the more consistent guy. Our guy Brandon Smith breaks out big this year but can't slide him in just yet. If I was going with a 3-4 I'd go Epenesa, Lima, Bailey. But this is based on the same position breakdown as the AP All America team. This will be an off year for us at TE, then after this year we'll put together a nice run with some serious stud TEs.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I think Julius Brents could take Oji's spot at the other corner sometime this season. I'll defer to you between Jones and Milton, Jones just seemed like the more consistent guy. Our guy Brandon Smith breaks out big this year but can't slide him in just yet. If I was going with a 3-4 I'd go Epenesa, Lima, Bailey. But this is based on the same position breakdown as the AP All America team. This will be an off year for us at TE, then after this year we'll put together a nice run with some serious stud TEs.
If you’re putting 4 linemen instead of 3, i’d Imagine that Enyi is more of a utility DL than Golston.

Datrone Young and Anthony Johnson are going to be really good corners. Heck, they were solid as freshmen last year.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
If you’re putting 4 linemen instead of 3, i’d Imagine that Enyi is more of a utility DL than Golston.

Datrone Young and Anthony Johnson are going to be really good corners. Heck, they were solid as freshmen last year.

You might be right, I think it's a toss-up between those two decided by whose uniforms you cheer for. There are a few others like that in the lineup.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Agree on some, not so much on others.

QB - Stanley
RB - Sargent
RB - Young
WR - Jones
WR - Pettway
TE - Allen
OT - Jackson
OG - Meeker
C - Banwart
OG - Knipfel
OT - Wirfs
All-Purpose - Smith-Marsette

DL - Epenesa
DL - Lima
DL - Golston
DL - Bailey
LB - Rose
LB - Spears
LB - Niemann
S - Eisworth
S - Stone
CB - Hankins
CB - Oji

I think Kolar ends up being the better TE but right now would have to go with Allen.
This is legit except for pudge at qb. That is insane to me. Look at stats and there is no way anyone would take pudge unless trolling.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
This is legit except for pudge at qb. That is insane to me. Look at stats and there is no way anyone would take pudge unless trolling.

I had Purdy in my lineup earlier in the season last year but with the way he played at the end the year, gotta go with Big Sexy. It's close though.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I had Purdy in my lineup earlier in the season last year but with the way he played at the end the year, gotta go with Big Sexy. It's close though.

Purdy's QB Rating the last 3 games of last year: 160 which does not include his 3 rushing TD's in that span

Stanley's QB Rating all of last year: 136.5 which does not include his 1 rushing TD all season

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
You might be right, I think it's a toss-up between those two decided by whose uniforms you cheer for. There are a few others like that in the lineup.
I agree.

A few relatively unknowns for each side too.

How RB shakes out for ISU will be very interesting, as well as the OL and 3rd LB.

Not as familiar with Iowa’s position battles.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Purdy's QB Rating the last 3 games of last year: 160 which does not include his 3 rushing TD's in that span

Stanley's QB Rating all of last year: 136.5 which does not include his 1 rushing TD all season

In his last two games he was thoroughly outplayed on his home field by Drake's non-schollie QB and had -16 rushing yards; and he threw multiple picks and no TDs against a bad Washington St. defense. He's a good QB though, wouldn't be surprised if he slides into my lineup at some point next season. Ebbs and flows.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
In his last two games he was thoroughly outplayed on his home field by Drake's non-schollie QB and had -16 rushing yards; and he threw multiple picks and no TDs against a bad Washington St. defense. He's a good QB though, wouldn't be surprised if he slides into my lineup at some point next season. Ebbs and flows.

He completed 66.7% of his passes for 315 yards and ran for 2 scores against Washington St

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I agree.

A few relatively unknowns for each side too.

How RB shakes out for ISU will be very interesting, as well as the OL and 3rd LB.

Not as familiar with Iowa’s position battles.

Some interesting things happening at OL, specifically C, with Linderbomb. Word is he's impressing big time after moving over from DL and will start at C, moving Banwart to G.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
“Thoroughly outplayed”, really? He was 15/22 in a mud bowl.

Washington St was 42nd in both scoring and total defense. I don’t know that I would consider that “bad.”

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Some interesting things happening at OL, specifically C, with Linderbomb. Word is he's impressing big time after moving over from DL and will start at C, moving Banwart to G.
ISU returns 5 starters on the OL but I wouldn’t be surprised if things get shuffled around there as well.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron