All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

benjimill

Apr 8, 2018
Lol yeah that's it.

Serious question. You have two options, which one do you pick. Better college QB, worse NFL prospect or better NFL prospect and worse college QB?

I’ll take the better college QB who just so happens to also be a better NFL prospect, i.e. Nate Stanley.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Lol. You just can’t accept the fact that Stanley is a potential first round prospect. With as much equity as you have put in here talking about how bad he is, I don’t blame you.
Is he saying he's bad or is he saying Kempt is better?

Can you read?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I’ll take the better college QB who just so happens to also be a better NFL prospect, i.e. Nate Stanley.

Kempt was the better college QB last year. That's a fact, not an opinion. If you think Stanley will be better this upcoming year you're entitled to your opinion but you can't go back and pretend last season didn't happen

benjimill

Apr 8, 2018
Link to him saying he watched film on the Fumbler?

If you read his evaluation of Stanley it would be rather obvious. Would be very strange for a scout to list a player’s strengths and weaknesses without watching any film on them. How exactly would that work? Maybe he just reads CycloneFanatic to develop his Iowa player evaluations.

• Funny
Reactions: CyTwins

benjimill

Apr 8, 2018
Kempt was the better college QB last year. That's a fact, not an opinion. If you think Stanley will be better this upcoming year you're entitled to your opinion but you can't go back and pretend last season didn't happen

It’s literally not a fact.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Considering the Maxwell Award has been around for 40 years longer than the Davey O’Brien Award, and is awarded to the best all-around college football player, I don’t think there is any question that it is the much more prestigious award.

Derp.
The NCAA and NIT tournaments have been around longer than the AP poll but you think the AP means more than banners that hang in arenas.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
If you read his evaluation of Stanley it would be rather obvious. Would be very strange for a scout to list a player’s strengths and weaknesses without watching any film on them. How exactly would that work? Maybe he just reads CycloneFanatic to develop his Iowa player evaluations.

This is what he said on Mitch without watching film on him

benjimill

Apr 8, 2018
The NCAA and NIT tournaments have been around longer than the AP poll but you think the AP means more than banners that hang in arenas.

Ive been told from CyFan that the AP Poll is the best way to determine which team is better.

• Useful
Reactions: JP4CY

benjimill

Apr 8, 2018
This is what he said on Mitch without watching film on him

Exactly- there is nothing of substance there. “He’s a big guy that can run. Let’s see if he can improve his stats next year”

Lmao at thinking that is the same thing as his evaluation on Stanley. You are realllly reaching here.

• Funny

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Exactly- there is nothing of substance there. “He’s a big guy that can run. Let’s see if he can improve his stats next year”

Lmao at thinking that is the same thing as his evaluation on Stanley. You are realllly reaching here.

He said he has upside as a passer and has shown the ability to make plays with his legs without even watching film on him. Derp

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Please explain to me how anything I said is inaccurate. If you think this is the same thing as McShay putting out a mock draft the day after the NFL Draft you are objectively an idiot.

Are you McShay? Have you asked McShay how much Stanley film he has watched?

If you answer no to both of those, it is not a fact.

Last edited:
  • Winner

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Me: Stats say Kempt was better
Benji: I look at advanced stats when judging a player
Me: Advanced stats say Kempt was better
Benji: Well I don't like advanced stats in this instance

Apparently the new "McShay Scale" has become the new evaluation tool.