All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I'm going by position.... and Linderbaum is better than Newell at center. If you want to move Newell to guard, then sure he makes the starting OL IMO.

If you're wanting to put the best 5 OL on that roster regardless of position then it'd be:

Ince
Downing
Linderbaum
Schott
Newell

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Newell was first team All Conference. The disrespect he gets is mind boggling. Him, Linderbaum and Downing are three best OL in the state by a long ways

You realize Linderbaum and Newell both play center, right? I'm not disrespecting Newell at all, he's not a better center than Linderbaum.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
If you're wanting to put the best 5 OL on that roster regardless of position then it'd be:

Ince
Downing
Linderbaum
Schott
Newell

Schweiger was 2nd Team All Big 12, so by rights he'd be on there over Ince, correct?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Then slide Newell to guard. He's on the All Iowa team for sure

Fine, but I had to pick the best center for the starting roster..... so I wasn't disrespecting Newell at all. In fact, in my initial post I wrote "barely" after Linderbaum's name at center, and of course a Hok fan went off on me for that.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
It's a given that the All-Iowa roster will look different at the end of the season than it does at the start.

That doesn’t happen according to Iowa fans. We always say ISU would beat Iowa if it was at the end of the year, but you never agree with that.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
That doesn’t happen according to Iowa fans. We always say ISU would beat Iowa if it was at the end of the year, but you never agree with that.

No one ever beats iowa. They either beat themselves or it's the refs or bad coaching decisions.

• Dumb
Reactions: Brodie0

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
No one ever beats iowa. They either beat themselves or it's the refs or bad coaching decisions.

You realize that Iowa State fans are just as guilty of this, right? Whether it’s blaming the refs for the loss to Washington State in the Alamo Bowl, blaming the refs for the loss to Iowa in 2019, claiming that Iowa State beat themselves in the Big XII championship game, etc. If you listened to Iowa State fans, you’d think they hadn’t lost a game in years.

• Dumb
Reactions: JP4CY and CyTwins

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
You realize that Iowa State fans are just as guilty of this, right? Whether it’s blaming the refs for the loss to Washington State in the Alamo Bowl, blaming the refs for the loss to Iowa in 2019, claiming that Iowa State beat themselves in the Big XII championship game, etc. If you listened to Iowa State fans, you’d think they hadn’t lost a game in years.
You once blamed being on here in the middle of the night due to getting sick from Costco shrimp.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron