AJ Green and next years roster

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Why though? Doug never played at uni did he? He was committed but followed his dad to Creighton.

He wasn’t a transfer. But he signed with UNI and they had to let him go to Creighton. I can understand UNI fans still being bitter about it.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Hunter
Green
IB
Jaz
Transfer Center like Hawkins for Creighton.

Bench:
Lipsey, Jackson
Grill, King
Enaruna, Watson
Conditt

That's a Big 12 contender. 0.5% chance it happens. But TJ is a heck of a recruiter.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
He wasn’t a transfer. But he signed with UNI and they had to let him go to Creighton. I can understand UNI fans still being bitter about it.

Yeah, putting him with the Tuttle group is one of the great 'what ifs' of all time....

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Yeah, putting him with the Tuttle group is one of the great 'what ifs' of all time....

Well and just the idea of UNI having one of the best players in the country for 3-4 years.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
He would have scored 40 points a game in the valley

Pretty sure one of the years he was in the valley. I don’t think Creighton moved right away.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Hunter
Green
IB
Jaz
Transfer Center like Hawkins for Creighton.

Bench:
Lipsey, Jackson
Grill, King
Enaruna, Watson
Conditt

That's a Big 12 contender. 0.5% chance it happens. But TJ is a heck of a recruiter.

You forgot the other King

daniel22

Mar 4, 2011
I guess I mean that we're talking a player who hasn't even really hinted at transferring from my understanding. I don't disagree that he would help a lot on the court.
Thats what I hate about posting something like this or when Iowa fans start talking about a transfer at quarterback (Caleb Williams) coming to Iowa.

My point wasn’t to suggest he’s coming or this is anything more than just a discussion topic. I was sort of trying to ask would it make sense, would it help if that decision was made.

Reactions: cyclonehomer

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
Thats what I hate about posting something like this or when Iowa fans start talking about a transfer at quarterback (Caleb Williams) coming to Iowa.

My point wasn’t to suggest he’s coming or this is anything more than just a discussion topic. I was sort of trying to ask would it make sense, would it help if that decision was made.
On that point, I think he would basically be a huge part of what ISU needs right now. Someone capable of scoring in multiple ways and also just capable of having the ball in his hands. I apologize for my probably-far-too-harsh language,

TDclones

Nov 29, 2006
I'm tired of hearing how great of a shooter Grill is....He was 1-21 last Saturday..at home...several shots he had no one in his face, not even close!! He plays good defense but brings nothing else with him! With our shooting the way it is, do we ever practice in Hilton? Seems like for some of these players the only time they shoot at Hilton is the day of the game?

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I'm tired of hearing how great of a shooter Grill is....He was 1-21 last Saturday..at home...several shots he had no one in his face, not even close!! He plays good defense but brings nothing else with him! With our shooting the way it is, do we ever practice in Hilton? Seems like for some of these players the only time they shoot at Hilton is the day of the game?

He’s a great rebounder. The defense I’m not sure on. I’m pretty sure he gave up a big 3 late in the game.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Grill is interesting.

Shoots 28% from 3 in Hilton, shoots 58% from 3 away from home.

Bizarre.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Grill is interesting.

Shoots 28% from 3 in Hilton, shoots 58% from 3 away from home.

Bizarre.
Good to actually see those stats. I felt like this was the case but hadn't actually dug into it. He's obviously pressing at home. I think he probably knows what hitting some 3s will do to the crowd and he feels that too much.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
He’s a great rebounder. The defense I’m not sure on. I’m pretty sure he gave up a big 3 late in the game.
I feel like he hustles on defense and can make some plays but also gets caught out of position too much.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt