Adultery in my workplace...

letsCYber

Jun 11, 2010
U.S. of A.
My boss and my co-worker have had the very public appearance of a very private relationship for over a year now. I actually had to change cubes to get out of the line of fire as I got tired of all the cutesy sexual innuendo chat. Then last year, heard through the grapevine that the rumor was they WERE knocking boots. And to make it better, my co-workers husband sits about 40 feet away in another cube.

I did the "proper" thing last year and informed my boss of the affair rumors thinking he was just being a ******* flirting with my co-worker and he'd check himself for professional office behavior. Their shenanigans continued and got worse (as did the rumor mill) until earlier this year when I approached one of my corporate coaches about how I should approach the situation. That was when I found out my co-worker and my friend about 40 feet away were getting divorced.

So the company does an "investigation" and tells me that there was no "affair" to which I say "I don't care" since their antics have created an amazing rift and tension throughout our floor.

THEN my friend getting divorced tells me about pages and pages of sex texts between my boss and my co-worker which the company does NOT know about. I've already been told by an executive to let it go even though my boss and my coworker are still both in my department.

Other than the tricky legal ramifications of dropping the sexts on my VPs desk, should I just be a good boy and toe the line and just pretend that nothing has happened even though everyone laughs at these guys, and the office environment is toxic?

You should probably just stay out of the situation. Let your boss get his.

letsCYber

Jun 11, 2010
U.S. of A.
It sounds like he wants to do something because this situation is bad for this office. It sounds like a legitimate complaint, but it also sounds like he doesn't really have anybody to complain to.

Sounds like he's c-blockin to me.

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
FINAL final post... Boss was fired today. Most likely my co-worker as well. Maybe there is justice?

I'm guessing she'll lose interest in him now that he makes no money. I'd apply for his job, get it and then look her up.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron