ACC football power rankings

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
FSU is on their 3rd coach since Jimbos departure. For those keeping score that's 3 coaches since 2017. Recruiting may be up but the ever changing schemes and philosophies make it an uphill battle. It's even worse when they are already rumbling to get rid of Norvell.

Scruff

Mar 11, 2008
Coralville, IA
I've always viewed them as a basketball conference.

Florida St losing Jimbo to Texas A&M really sucked for them, but I never imagined with their location and history that they'd fall this far. Every time I hear a rumor about Florida St moving conferences I don't find it far fetched. I highly doubt they like being so far behind the Gators in revenue and success.

Clemson making playoffs and winning championships helps people look over how bad the other teams are.

Miami has been alright even though they aren't championship level of old days. Their more Michigan bad than Nebraska bad.

All that said, this year looks especially rough for them. Really hoping it costs Clemson it's annual spot in the playoffs!

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I've always viewed them as a basketball conference.

Florida St losing Jimbo to Texas A&M really sucked for them, but I never imagined with their location and history that they'd fall this far. Every time I hear a rumor about Florida St moving conferences I don't find it far fetched. I highly doubt they like being so far behind the Gators in revenue and success.

Clemson making playoffs and winning championships helps people look over how bad the other teams are.

Miami has been alright even though they aren't championship level of old days. Their more Michigan bad than Nebraska bad.

All that said, this year looks especially rough for them. Really hoping it costs Clemson it's annual spot in the playoffs!

Clemson and Oklahoma having near permanent places as 50% of the playoff on one had shoots a hole in the idea that a team needs SEC money to compete...but then it also begs why those programs should have less TV money than Miss State and Rutgers.

Reactions: WhoISthis

ABECyguy

Nov 14, 2019
Ames
One thing that has always bugged me is how the media generally overlook all the crappy teams at the bottom of the acc, sec, and big 10. Sure the big 12 may have Kansas, but those leagues have the Vandys, South Carolina’s, Syracuse’s, dukes, Georgia techs, Arkansas, etc that are all bad to average teams that would be fighting for 8th and 9th in the big 12. The top 7, and sometimes top 8 or 9, of the big 12 are as good as the top teams in the other conferences, we just don’t get to boost our win totals with only 8 conference games and the multiple bad teams at the bottom of the divisions.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron