A little respect.

Guetterdone1

Jul 4, 2012
Ames
While I believe we should be top 15, 3rd and ahead of Phog is insane. I've been there and no disrespect, it's better. Coming from a homer.

kgreeny

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
While I believe we should be top 15, 3rd and ahead of Phog is insane. I've been there and no disrespect, it's better. Coming from a homer.
In the words of the great JT " it's just another gym"

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
Rocky Chalk Jayhawk? What a junky article.

MuseumFaux

May 9, 2014
Ames
It was interesting that they ranked Syracuse, but then had the main comment, about the noise being drowned out, as a major negative. Has anyone been there for a game? Is it a great atmosphere despite the noise dampening? Seems to be poor journalism to make a ranking of top venues and then have the major comment of one of them be a negative.

I loved to see Hilton so high, but it did seem kind of odd to see it above Phog. I've always wanted to catch a game in that gym, as it seems pretty darn electric on TV. I do fear that hearing the Rock Chalk that loud and up close and personal may cause my skin to burst into flames though. ;)

cemarclone

Feb 6, 2014
It was interesting that they ranked Syracuse, but then had the main comment, about the noise being drowned out, as a major negative. Has anyone been there for a game? Is it a great atmosphere despite the noise dampening? Seems to be poor journalism to make a ranking of top venues and then have the major comment of one of them be a negative.

I loved to see Hilton so high, but it did seem kind of odd to see it above Phog. I've always wanted to catch a game in that gym, as it seems pretty darn electric on TV. I do fear that hearing the Rock Chalk that loud and up close and personal may cause my skin to burst into flames though. ;)

I have never been to the phog, but I do remember way back when in Kemper areana for regional semis with KU, MSU, ISU, and NCSt in the same building, and being far outnumbers by Jayhawks, and being totally unimpressed with how loud they got compared to how loud the ISU fans were.

MuseumFaux

May 9, 2014
Ames
I have never been to the phog, but I do remember way back when in Kemper areana for regional semis with KU, MSU, ISU, and NCSt in the same building, and being far outnumbers by Jayhawks, and being totally unimpressed with how loud they got compared to how loud the ISU fans were.

Well we are known to be a bit loud mouthed when it comes to our basketball. ;) I thought the ISU fan base was pretty comparable to the Jayhawk base in KC this last year for the Big 12, but it is all a different creature when you are on your home court. It's that electric energy that comes from nearly everyone in the house being of like mind and adding their energy to the home team participants on the floor.

twocoach

Jan 13, 2014
Omaha
NCAA Regional site= NO STUDENT SECTION. Totally different animal.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
anyone else not getting the pictures to show up?