3 point shooting, spacing, and the Cyclone offense

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls

This is a pie chart describing my favorite bars, and this is a bar graph describing my favorite pies.

207fe21ada6eeadeb9f210ee17b48b18.jpg

khaal53

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
That is allot of information. How long were you locked up in a room Khaal. :eek: When you start breaking down everything a team does statistically it really becomes fascinating and it can lead to other variables. Team speed, momentum, and match-ups. It's complicated but you can see patterns develop. Teams learn quickly and adjust accordingly and implement strategies. I believe teams have adjusted well lately against the Cyclones and we are getting funneled out of position clogging up the outside at times. As a smaller team without a consistent inside threat teams are forcing us into situations we aren't comfortable with. Need to get back to what we were doing earlier and become the aggressor and not allow ourselves to get behind. Great stuff Khaal.

Honestly, the data involved, and the graphs took next to no time. The words took a bit of effort though.

Feb 6, 2013
By my eye and gut, the offense hasn't had as good of flow as it did during the 14-0 run. Not sure what kind of stats can prove/disprove that. I would try to look at points in transition, how many players get a touch each possession, second chance points, etc...

Also, it looks like your stats are averaging the entire season. It would be interesting to compare the last 3 games to the first 14 (since you said putting the numbers together was the easy part).

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Can't be "small" and turn it over a bunch. That has to calm down.

Make shots

Rebound

That's about it.