$25 Parlay bet that could turn into $725K tonight

Cyclonefan710

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2012
I'm glad he/she was able to get something out of the deal. I don't recall seeing a situation in the past where a hedge was so unworkable, but I guess that's what happens when the odds of everything are so far out of bounds.

Here's a lesson I'll never need to learn - don't make your last pick of a 16 leg parlay a +400 moneyline pick!

If you want high odds you gotta play high odds.

I@ST1

Dec 15, 2020
Agreed for almost any normal person it would have been impossible to react that quick. I’d still probably try to scramble as much as I could together. I never like betting highly - money lines but in this case it’s a free roll

You could always sell on PropSwap. It’s a pretty lucrative business. Just need the cash on hand to sell and PropSwap is a great way to sell you bet ASAP.

Cyclonefan710

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2012
right he's not saying to not make that bet, he's saying don't make the last game in the parlay the one where you can't hedge.

If you make a bet that you intend to hedge you shouldn’t make the bet in the first place. That’s a terrible betting strategy lol.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
If you make a bet that you intend to hedge you shouldn’t make the bet in the first place. That’s a terrible betting strategy lol.

I disagree, especially when you're talking about a 16 team parlay that you didn't actually put any cash down on.

But really, any parlay you should at least be thinking about a potential hedge

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I’m sure the person was trying to get the most out of his free $25 dollar he could as a joke/fun. When they realized how much they had made and he could cash out, they probably did.

Cyclonefan710

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2012
I disagree, especially when you're talking about a 16 team parlay that you didn't actually put any cash down on.

But really, any parlay you should at least be thinking about a potential hedge

I think hedging is an awful strategy but everyone’s got their own way

Cyclonefan710

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2012
We're discussing a 16 leg parlay on a free roll here...I don't think betting strategy was a consideration until Sunday night.
My response was to the person saying to end your parlays with a low odd pick so you can get a cheaper hedge.

There’s no shame in cashing out a YOLO parlay