24 Season Finale

LowballLuke

Jan 25, 2008
Ames, IA
I'm curious what other people thought of the finale for 24. Personally I was kinda disappointed. No major twists and seemed predictable, thought Tony's reasoning for why he did what he did seemed weak.

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
Pretty weak, I'd agree. I thought this season was great until the last 5 hours. Then it fell off. This is a pretty unusual way for 24 to end a season. Usually you get closure but basically all it did was set up season 8.

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
I agree that it didn't provide much closure. The past few episodes just seemed to be killing time because they knew they had a few more hours to fill.

One funny thing I saw on another message board: If David Palmer's daughter had done what Taylor's daughter did, he and Sherry would have covered it up! :biglaugh: It was a different show when he was on it.

Overall, this season was just OK for me. It wasn't awful, like Season 6, but I didn't feel any sense of excitement for most of the season. There was a time when I would be waiting all week and weekend for the next episode to come on. Now, I just get to Monday night and think "Oh yeah, 24's on. I suppose I should watch it just because I always have."

Here's hoping next season will be better!

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
I loved it, but I guess maybe I'm easy to please cause I loved last season as well. I just love 24. I could have been happier with a little more closure but I did like the way they cut away when agent walker walked into the interagation room. That was cool...oh and Jacks daughter is super hot so that was a plus. I guess it kind of bugs me when a show wraps everything up in a nice neat bow for you the last 10 mintutes of the season, I think as a viewer we have to handle that not everything gets resolved so perfectly.

I loved Olivia Taylor's storyline and how it played out as well. I'm excited for next season!

Clonegrad07

Jul 22, 2008
North Carolina
It was ok... at best... the last 5-6 hours were real disappointing... Just... kind of ridiculous... although agent walker sure is hot...

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
I was greatly annoyed with Olivia Taylor and the thought that she was be a chief of staff. Way too mentally unstable.

Overall probably the weakest season IMO. I too kinda had the regular Monday thought of "oh yeah, suppose I should watch".

acrozier22

Mar 17, 2006
Southeast Iowa
I was excited for the finale but was disappointed as well. I need closure and I didn't get that. Though, any episode with Elisha Cuthbert (Kim Bauer) is a winner in my book!

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
They seem to alternate between closing a season off and leaving it open. The worst (well suspense wise) was to me the time Jack got hauled off at the end by the Chinese in a big ship.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Anyone else get the feeling that 24 as a series has just run its course and it just might be time to retire it to the annals of television history? This show was started in the wake of 9/11 (sure, they must have been shooting the show before it aired for the first time), and it seems as America has healed emotionally from that the show has tanked some. Not only that, but it seems like they've run just about every scenario conceivable up to this point. While certain things got changed up, such as in Washington instead of LA, it was basically the same thing this season - attack the President, Attack the US, find out that there was an American component to the attack, find out that someone close to Jack was in on it.

As far as I'm concerned, the last really good season of 24 was Season 5 - the one where President Logan was one of the bad guys.

josier

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 9, 2007
Johnston
When it ended I said "That's it?" I was very disappointed. Agree with most of the other posters, the last 3-4 hours were pretty weak. My guess is they'll have another 2-hour pre-season show in November like last year to resolve dying-Jack and dark-side Renee before they start the new season.

flander1649

Apr 20, 2006
Kansas City
Visit site
I was really enjoying the season until the last couple of episodes. It could have ended better but the season as a whole was better then season 4 and 6. The big thing that hurt the season was the President Palmer was a great president in the show.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I was really enjoying the season until the last couple of episodes. It could have ended better but the season as a whole was better then season 4 and 6. The big thing that hurt the season was the President Palmer was a great president in the show.

Agreed. He was even good after his Presidency. Him being clipped really hurt the show. And I think his brother in season 6 was just horrible.