23-24 Team appreciation thread

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
Didn't really fit among any of the other threads, so I thought I'd start a thread to reflect on where we ended up vs. expectations to start the season.

125 - Kysen didn't really wrestle at all last year, so was already a huge question mark coming in. I know we're all tired of him being so close, but we got about what we could have hoped for.

133 - If you told me going in that Evan Frost would end up 6th in the country I'd have thought you were high.

141 - We didn't really know AE would even be on the team, let alone AA'ing.

149 - How would Casey handle moving up? 7th about in-line with expectations.

157 - The hype train probably got the best of us with Cody. He had some big wins (dominated the eventual 2nd place finisher). Had a very deep weight and tough draw at Nats.

165 - Unbelievable. Overcame obstacles at one of the toughest weights ever even with a horrible draw.

174 - Fantastic improvement throughout the year. Just a hair away from AA as FR.

184 - Hype was a little much for Will, but great guy with some good wins. Got some important points at Nats even while falling short of AA.

197 - We knew it was going to be tough for Julian to jump 2 weights.

HWT - Tough ending, but if you told me that Yonger would have the kind of year he had after moving up, I wouldn't have believed it.

Overall, this was the most fun I've had watching ISU wrestling in a long time and the future is bright. I really hope David sticks around the CRTC and program.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron