***2024 MLB Season Thread***

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Well since the Regular Season starts in like 7 hours I figured I'd start this thread up.

Dodgers vs. Padres from Korea up first.

Reactions: BoxsterCy

TakeCover

Mar 26, 2012
Des Moines, IA
I have an early alarm set, so we'll see if I crawl out of bed to watch any. Strange way to start the season. Even next week when the other 28 teams get going feels early to me!

Reactions: riceville98

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Padres bullpen gave up the lead late. Dodgers win Opening game 5-2.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Billion dollars doesn't get you much these days. Combine this with Ohtani's interpreter losing $4.5 to a bookie. Riiiight.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
This Ohtani story has the potential to get real wild

IF...and it is a HUGE IF...if Ohtani is found to be shady or worse in this story...it would be incredible! That guy has seemed squeaky-clean to this point of his career...great smile...amazing talents...exactly the type of guy baseball has needed! Hope it is nothing more than him being too nice to a "friend"...but not holding my breath! Regardless of what this story evolves into...can't be as bad for the Dodgers as the Trevor Bauer BS they got themselves into!

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
IF...and it is a HUGE IF...if Ohtani is found to be shady or worse in this story...it would be incredible! That guy has seemed squeaky-clean to this point of his career...great smile...amazing talents...exactly the type of guy baseball has needed! Hope it is nothing more than him being too nice to a "friend"...but not holding my breath! Regardless of what this story evolves into...can't be as bad for the Dodgers as the Trevor Bauer BS they got themselves into!
They said there were some NFL & College Football bets I could be wrong but I don't see Ohtani betting on those two sports. Just don't think he has enough knowledge/interest about them. His translator has lived in America since he was 7 years old (now 39) so would think he is MUCH more likely to bet on those particular games.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
They said there were some NFL & College Football bets I could be wrong but I don't see Ohtani betting on those two sports. Just don't think he has enough knowledge/interest about them. His translator has lived in America since he was 7 years old (now 39) so would think he is MUCH more likely to bet on those particular games.
I don't either but i don't think it's realistic yesterday is when he first found out about this either. I thin first story is likely the truth and probably illegal. Crazy part is what does authorities and MLB do

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
1 top prospect starts the year in Majors, 1 in the minors:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Channel flipped into a game and Miguel Sano homered for the Angels and found it was announced he made the team. Good for him. I figured his last MLB game was in his past. Just got down the line to first pretty well to. Hope he makes the most of his chance here.

2nd what's going on here is Mookie Betts playing SS. WTF is going with that?

Last edited:

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Some season predictions:

Last edited:

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Sad...I have always been so excited about Opening Day...but my love for the Chicago White Sox has worn me down the past 5 or so years...I just have zero positive thoughts about this season for my favorite team! Time for Jerry Reinsdorf to move away from the White Sox!

• Friendly
Reactions: MJ29

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
Sad...I have always been so excited about Opening Day...but my love for the Chicago White Sox has worn me down the past 5 or so years...I just have zero positive thoughts about this season for my favorite team! Time for Jerry Reinsdorf to move away from the White Sox!
We would welcome you to the North side of Chicago!

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
As a twins fan, I am ok with them sucking but I do not understand what in the hell they are doing with some of that roster. Like what is the plan?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Some season predictions:

The dodgers will sh*t the bed like they do every year.

Reactions: Cyismymonkey

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron