***2024 Minnesota Vikings***

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
Nice pic of Bud and Carl. I still think they should bring in a couple 100 ton of
snow in the stadium for a game in December. Turn the heat off and open the doors to let some cool air in.
I like this idea, but on the other hand I went to a game at US Bank Stadium in December 2016 when it was -20 degrees with a wind chill of -45 at 9 am that day. it was brutal even riding the light rail to the stadium … it would not have been fun to be outdoors or to have the doors open that day.

On the other hand, I did get to see Adrian Peterson’s final carry as a Viking, whuch was a fumble, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
And what could the Vikings spend money on to improve if they didn’t have to pay such a massive contract to cousins?
Again, they have the 12th highest cap spending on defense in the league. Cousins’ contract didn’t make them draft a 1 and 2 that couldn’t beat anybody out on a bad backend on the 31st ranked defense in the league.

Joe Burrow didn’t do much but won because he played a backup QB that turned a sneak TD into a 99 yard TD that flipped the game.

Josh Allen turned it over three times and only won because he was playing a third string QB and a coach that couldn’t get a play in on time.

Prior to victory formation, the Giants were at 6.7 YPP, no TOs. Good luck winning against that.

Sure more cap $ on defense would help, but it isn’t solving the root problem.

• Winner
Reactions: Acylum and stuclone

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
Some good insight on the last play.

Warner doesn't even know who KJ is lol.
The thought that Hock was going to break that for 5 more is ridiculous. I'm in the camp that he should have thrown it anywhere else at that point. I do like Warner's explanation that having to chip took him out. Less depth and less speed and far less chance to break that. KJ looked like the best option. In any event, blaming KC is stupid as hell. Giants O players, including the QB, were running free all day. That is the problem here.
Shore up the D and run it back.

QCCyclone

Feb 10, 2013
The thought that Hock was going to break that for 5 more is ridiculous. I'm in the camp that he should have thrown it anywhere else at that point. I do like Warner's explanation that having to chip took him out. Less depth and less speed and far less chance to break that. KJ looked like the best option. In any event, blaming KC is stupid as hell. Giants O players, including the QB, were running free all day. That is the problem here.
D is by far our biggest reason for losing the game, but you have to blame Kirk and/or play calling on that last play. 4th and long with the season on the line and you throw it 5 yards short of 1st down? Can't depend on your TE to break a tackle when there's that much on the line.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
D is by far our biggest reason for losing the game, but you have to blame Kirk and/or play calling on that last play. 4th and long with the season on the line and you throw it 5 yards short of 1st down? Can't depend on your TE to break a tackle when there's that much on the line.
I can blame play design, and KC decision, but thats still one play. The D ****** up 25 plays.

Dirtguy4CY

May 4, 2022
Also if Slayton makes the catch on the drive before, the Giants run out the clock, and this point about the check down is even more mute.

Last edited:

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I can blame play design, and KC decision, but thats still one play. The D ****** up 25 plays.
5 plays 75 yards 3:12 TD
4 plays 81 yards 2:03 TD
20 plays 85 yards 10:52 FG
6 plays 75 yards 3:23 TD
12 plays 75 yards 4:47 TD

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
5 plays 75 yards 3:12 TD
4 plays 81 yards 2:03 TD
20 plays 85 yards 10:52 FG
6 plays 75 yards 3:23 TD
12 plays 75 yards 4:47 TD
I'll not blame them for not getting a shut out . Really only needed a few here and there. 25 was hyperbole even but they are where the blame firmly belongs.

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
  • Agree
Reactions: Acylum

Help Support Us

Become a patron