2024 concerts

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I saw 30 Seconds to Mars open for Chevelle eons ago at the old Toad Holler in Des Moines.
I can't imagine tickets cost more than 10 bucks.
Great show.
Are you sure it wasn't Supertoad on the east side? I think I saw Veruca Salt there in the late 90s.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
What about the pre, pre, pre, pre sale code though?
I call it that because when they announce concerts on Tuesday AM's (most common), they usually have the most restricted presale at noon that day (usually hardest codes to find and best seats). Then Tuesday other presale groups are let in with more seat options. Same with Thursday, expands yet again. Then normal availability on Friday.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
I call it that because when they announce concerts on Tuesday AM's (most common), they usually have the most restricted presale at noon that day (usually hardest codes to find and best seats). Then Tuesday other presale groups are let in with more seat options. Same with Thursday, expands yet again. Then normal availability on Friday.
The 'chevelle' code worked as soon as they went on sale and was easy to find for any fan. I hope it was their way of giving scalpers the finger.

Reactions: Jer

Cupped

Feb 11, 2016
Any Neil Young fans that have seen him before?
Big fan. I attended a lot of Neil Young shows but none this century. The tour with the Shocking Pinks Omaha 1983 kinda sucked but the other 5-6 times were great. Permanent hearing damage in my left ear from the Rust Never Sleeps tour LA Forum 1978 but it was worth it! I bet he'll still be good with Crazy Horse!

BigTurk

Dec 17, 2013
Ice Nine Kills & In This Moment co-headliner announced for Waukee on Aug 17th. Pre,pre,pre,pre sale went up an hour ago and got my tickets. Saw both last year - amazing.

Chevelle just announced for Waukee on July 23rd. Pre,pre,pre,pre sale starts in 6 minutes.

View attachment 127574
Didn't In This Moment open for Ozzy and Zombie in Des Moines several years ago? Might have been in Vets.

Edit: Yes, yes they did. A quick Google search told me so! Sorry, for being lazy.

Saul_T

Nov 16, 2020
I've been a fan of Chevelle for 20 years now it seems, but I've never seen them live. Looking to book an anniversary trip that week that's really throwing a wrench into my concert plans.

Reactions: 1100011CS

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
I've been a fan of Chevelle for 20 years now it seems, but I've never seen them live. Looking to book an anniversary trip that week that's really throwing a wrench into my concert plans.
It's hard to believe they've been around that long. I've seen them 2-3 times and their shows are great. It's amazing how big they sound with only 3 people.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Didn't In This Moment open for Ozzy and Zombie in Des Moines several years ago? Might have been in Vets.

Edit: Yes, yes they did. A quick Google search told me so! Sorry, for being lazy.
Yes, and they also had a co-headline show last year with Motionless In White at Wells. They were awesome.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Ice Nine Kills & In This Moment co-headliner announced for Waukee on Aug 17th. Pre,pre,pre,pre sale went up an hour ago and got my tickets. Saw both last year - amazing.

Chevelle just announced for Waukee on July 23rd. Pre,pre,pre,pre sale starts in 6 minutes.

View attachment 127574
Ice Nine Kills and In This Moment are also playing at the new venue The Astro in La Vista. I've wanted to see ITM for a few quite a few years.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
The 'chevelle' code worked as soon as they went on sale and was easy to find for any fan. I hope it was their way of giving scalpers the finger.
They are the very rare exception. But then again, you see that with some bands that aren't "tiny" but aren't really relevant at the moment. I think they're trying to regain some momentum, which they have some capabilities of doing so, but the fact the ticket prices for them are half the price of any other show at Waukee shows they've got a ways to go.

Here's my updated '24 lineup...

• Apr 6 - Breaking Benjamin, Daughtry, Catch Your Breath (Waukee)
  • May 1 - Nothing More, Wage War, Sleep Theory (Val Air)*
  • May 7 - Staind, Seether (Waukee)
  • May 14 - Disturbed, Falling In Reverse, Plush (Wells)
  • May 24 - From Ashes to New, Point North, Ekoh, Phix, Elijah (Val Air)*
  • Jul 23 - Chevelle (Waukee)
  • Aug 19 - Five Finger Death Punch, Marilyn Manson (Wells)
  • Aug 17 - Ice Nine Kills & In This Moment (Waukee)*
  • Aug 20 - Smashing Pumpkins (Waukee)
  • Oct 25 - Korn, Gojira, Spiritbox (Omaha)
I haven't seen anything official on who will be with Disturbed on their makeup show in May. Everything I've seen suggests Falling In Reverse won't be on the bill anymore. Very disappointing as they are great in concert (saw them last year).

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: 1100011CS

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
They are the very rare exception. But then again, you see that with some bands that aren't "tiny" but aren't really relevant at the moment. I think they're trying to regain some momentum, which they have some capabilities of doing so, but the fact the ticket prices for them are half the price of any other show at Waukee shows they've got a ways to go.

Here's my updated '24 lineup...

• Apr 6 - Breaking Benjamin, Daughtry, Catch Your Breath (Waukee)
  • May 1 - Nothing More, Wage War, Sleep Theory (Val Air)*
  • May 7 - Staind, Seether (Waukee)
  • May 14 - Disturbed, Falling In Reverse, Plush (Wells)
  • May 24 - From Ashes to New, Point North, Ekoh, Phix, Elijah (Val Air)*
  • Jul 23 - Chevelle (Waukee)
  • Aug 19 - Five Finger Death Punch, Marilyn Manson (Wells)
  • Aug 17 - Ice Nine Kills & In This Moment (Waukee)*
  • Aug 20 - Smashing Pumpkins (Waukee)
  • Oct 25 - Korn, Gojira, Spiritbox (Omaha)
I haven't seen anything official on who will be with Disturbed on their makeup show in May. Everything I've seen suggests Falling In Reverse won't be on the bill anymore. Very disappointing as they are great in concert (saw them last year).
Yeah, I was surprised they're tickets are much cheaper than BB. Might have helped having Daughtry 'open' although I could have skipped that. I hadn't heard anything about the Disturbed opener but we decided to sell our tickets. Timing didn't work out. BTW - anyone looking for 4 tickets to Disturbed? :)

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Yeah, I was surprised they're tickets are much cheaper than BB. Might have helped having Daughtry 'open' although I could have skipped that. I hadn't heard anything about the Disturbed opener but we decided to sell our tickets. Timing didn't work out. BTW - anyone looking for 4 tickets to Disturbed? :)
They really picked a bad date for that makeup concert too. Same night you have Sleep Token in Waukee, Hawthorn Heights at Wooly's (not a crossover obviously), and Violent Femmes at Val Air.

cyguy9320

Nov 26, 2006
Getting back into the KC music scene this summer (kids really screw with concert going)
- Portugal. The Man - The Truman
- Cake - Grinders
- Fruit Bats - Lemonade Park
- Vampire Weekend - Starlight
- Orville Peck - Grinders

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron