NBA: ***2023-24 NBA season***

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Someone I was watching the game with mentioned this and I couldn’t agree more.

Jokic is literally the antithesis of Embiid. Couldn’t care less about individual accolades, never gets hurt, doesn’t get calls (relative to Embiid), and absolutely dominates when his team needs him the most.

I know the NBA isn't for everyone (I wouldn't consider myself to be more than a casual fan) but anyone that hasn't watched Jokic play a game is denying themselves a chance to watch an INCREDIBLE basketball player! I understand that some prefer the college game and just tune out the NBA for different reasons...but Jokic is a reason to make some time to watch an NBA game!

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
He also is always playing hard, Embiid takes every 4th or 5 th possession off. He walks more than he runs.

They are the same size but Joker is much more athletic and much better conditioned.
Jokic also plays in Philadelphia, while Embiid hasn’t played in Denver since 2019. There couldn’t be a worse superstar to build a team around than Embiid

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I know the NBA isn't for everyone (I wouldn't consider myself to be more than a casual fan) but anyone that hasn't watched Jokic play a game is denying themselves a chance to watch an INCREDIBLE basketball player! I understand that some prefer the college game and just tune out the NBA for different reasons...but Jokic is a reason to make some time to watch an NBA game!

If someone watched last night and didn’t enjoy seeing him, they actively dislike basketball. That wasn’t even one of his better passing games either. It was one of his best scoring at the basket games given he dominated DPOTY head to head at crazy high fg%.

• Agree
Reactions: legi and cyfanatic

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
He does get a lot of credit now, finally, for how incredible he is. But, if he played for New York or Boston or LA he’d get 1000x more credit than he does.

It sucks cause the Nuggets are always the late game so a lot of the East Coast don’t stay up to watch. On local radio, they said the Nuggets game started late yesterday to give the nation more time to watch Caitlin Clark. I almost threw up

• Winner
Reactions: legi and cyfanatic

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
He does get a lot of credit now, finally, for how incredible he is. But, if he played for New York or Boston or LA he’d get 1000x more credit than he does.

It sucks cause the Nuggets are always the late game so a lot of the East Coast don’t stay up to watch. On local radio, they said the Nuggets game started late yesterday to give the nation more time to watch Caitlin Clark. I almost threw up

local Iowa radio or Denver radio? Is that true? Kind of crazy if true. NBA may have a legit marketing issue getting normies to know about Ant Man, Jokic, SGA, etc…

Edwards had an off game but he in particular is so fun to watch and plays similar style to Kobe/mj.

Reactions: SolterraCyclone

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
local Iowa radio or Denver radio? Is that true? Kind of crazy if true. NBA may have a legit marketing issue getting normies to know about Ant Man, Jokic, SGA, etc…

Edwards had an off game but he in particular is so fun to watch and plays similar style to Kobe/mj.
Local Denver radio. I think what the NBA (not TV networks) did was staggered the Fever/Pacers start to reduce overlap and increase viewership for Clark. But that is why the Pacers game tipped at 7 CT, with the Nuggets to follow (at least according to Zach Bye on 104.3 The Fan)

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Local Denver radio. I think what the NBA (not TV networks) did was staggered the Fever/Pacers start to reduce overlap and increase viewership for Clark. But that is why the Pacers game tipped at 7 CT, with the Nuggets to follow (at least according to Zach Bye on 104.3 The Fan)

That’s wild to me. I’m so dialed into both series last night I had no idea CC was even playing or that it was on a major network. (It’s also why I can never follow baseball until late June)

I get “chance to see history” but Joker was a total legend at his peak powers last night. Getting billing over that is something even Tiger and LeBron didn’t have to contend with.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Just heard an interesting stat.

Joker's 40+ pt, 10+ assist with no turnovers has only been done one other time in playoffs history, by Chris Paul 6 years ago.

To do that shooting 68% against DPOTY in a tied playoff series...that has to be one of the most flawless offensive games of all time.

• Wow
Reactions: legi and JP4CY

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
That’s wild to me. I’m so dialed into both series last night I had no idea CC was even playing or that it was on a major network. (It’s also why I can never follow baseball until late June)

I get “chance to see history” but Joker was a total legend at his peak powers last night. Getting billing over that is something even Tiger and LeBron didn’t have to contend with.
He's made quite a few transition dunks vs MN.
Also has made Gobert not look very good.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Okoro getting a third already is a problem for the Cavs. Georges should get more time though.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
He's made quite a few transition dunks vs MN.
Also has made Gobert not look very good.

He looked like Hakeem with some post moves last night and a few of those just aren't defensible, if you bite, you're toast. You can't double him because he's the best passer we've seen in a generation.

Reactions: legi

ISU_Guy

Jul 21, 2021
Des Moines
Couple things I am taking away here is New York is better than Boston. Maybe they just play to the level of the competition.

2. George needs to really focus this off season.
Shooting, cardio, weight and agility. Just looks out of shape and He has looked awful every time I have watched. I’m sure he’s done some good things and maybe it’s just the only times I have watched but I find it alarming the cavs are missing half their team and his mins are minimal.