NBA: ***2022-2023 NBA season, post season, and offseason***

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Good (and surprising) win for the Bulls without Lavine & Ball tonight in Miami.

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
Are the Wizards the most depressing team in the league? They aren't good, never seem to have any sort of plan for how to improve, but with Beal and Porzingis and some competent role players they'll be fine. Play in game ceiling, 30 win floor. They need to finally move Beal and get in the Wembanyama sweepstakes.

Nope the Pacers are worse and nothing without Haliburton.

clonechemist

Apr 3, 2007
Philadelphia
I wasn’t able to watch the Monte vs Tyrese (aka wizards vs pacers) game last night, but from the box score it seems like Tyrese will be asked to carry the load this year. He was still remarkably efficient at scoring (3 TOs and 7 assists seems a little off for him, but probably inevitable if he’s asked to score more).

Monte seems to have traded off lots of minutes with Delon Wright after getting the start. Will be interesting to see how wizards approach the pg spot in their lineups. Monte didn’t have any eye popping stats but had the best +\- on the team, seeming to play lots of minutes with Porzingis on the floor.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Nope the Pacers are worse and nothing without Haliburton.

Duarte and Mathurin are both nice young pieces too. They have a direction they're trying to go too, after trying to make the Sabonis-Turner combo work for too long. They're also clearly rebuilding and likely will move Hield and Turner at some point this year. Washington is just directionless.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Is it that surprising? Bulls were really good last year until injuries. And umm they have a guy named Billy Donovan as Coach. Sleep on em at your own risk

I'll sleep on them. Miami feels like they could really fall off this year, but I'm sure Spoelstra will figure out how to make it work like he always does.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
THT's offensive struggles continue in Utah...

1/6 fg 0/1 from 3, 3 pts, 2 stl, 1 ast in 14 min off the bench in the Jazz' 123-102 win over Denver last night. He was +7 though, so there's that.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Clone on clone crime here. Hali did Monte dirty on this move.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I wasn’t able to watch the Monte vs Tyrese (aka wizards vs pacers) game last night, but from the box score it seems like Tyrese will be asked to carry the load this year. He was still remarkably efficient at scoring (3 TOs and 7 assists seems a little off for him, but probably inevitable if he’s asked to score more).

Monte seems to have traded off lots of minutes with Delon Wright after getting the start. Will be interesting to see how wizards approach the pg spot in their lineups. Monte didn’t have any eye popping stats but had the best +\- on the team, seeming to play lots of minutes with Porzingis on the floor.

I was wondering the same on Monte, he played pretty efficiently but came out mid third and didn't come back in for entire fourth. For 21 minutes it seemed like he did what you'd want. I wondered if he had a minor injury.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
Lakers went 9-45 from 3. They are so awful.

It doesn’t take a genius to see they’d be so much better if they surrounded Lebrun and AD with dudes that can spread the floor and get those two space. Yet the lakers decided to bring in Russell, another ball dominant player that can’t shoot ( a poor man’s, smaller Lebron).

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
It doesn’t take a genius to see they’d be so much better if they surrounded Lebrun and AD with dudes that can spread the floor and get those two space. Yet the lakers decided to bring in Russell, another ball dominant player that can’t shoot ( a poor man’s, smaller Lebron).

This team ranks right up there with the early Cavs in terms of poor roster construction around an all time great talent. Hey we have this unstoppable force who is a terrific passer and sees the floor better than almost anyone who's played this game, let's surround him with total non-shooters. Drive and kick to guys like Eric Snow and Russell Westbrook, perfect plan.

The Cavs at least had the excuse that the pace and space and small ball revolution hadn't really come through yet. The Lakers are just a total mess.

I don't think LeBron ever really got to play with an ideal supporting cast (some of this is his fault too as LeBron the GM is not great for LeBron the player), I think Miami figured it out, but it was too late in his time there and they were financial constricted. The Heat lineups with Bosh/LeBron and three shooters (Miller/Allen/Chalmers) were basically unstoppable. The declining Wade the last three years in Miami was not an ideal supporting teammate either, Miami never would have traded him but they would have been better off moving him for high level 3 and D guys.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
I think Georges gets less time than last year unfortunately. Unless he shoots lights out its tough to have him in much.
THT is not good and never was. 'upside' bleh
Hopefully Monte can take over that spot on a poor team.

Otherwise, check back on Christmas day.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Halliburton is slicing and dicing thru the lane in the second half.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Very impressive first half for the Nuggets at Golden St.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Philly loses at home to tanking Spurs.

Been trying to watch every team early (TV feeds are open)

Dog days start early in the NBA.

Reactions: cyfanatic

Help Support Us

Become a patron