2021 Stock Market

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
This story is a day old but this sure wont make people happy either

The great thing about all of this is that millions of people that were blind and oblivious to the corruption in plain sight the last few years or so, are now seeing it. And once you see it you can’t unsee it.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
So if robinhood isn't good to use anymore, what's a good one?
A real broker that makes money on financial investments and not selling your data. I know they all do to an extent but Robinhood's business model is selling your data.

Schwab, Fidelity, TD Ameritrade, E Trade, Merrill Edge.

Avoid places like WeBull, Interactive Brokers, and eToro. Same business model as robinhood.

I used robinhood because I liked their interface and they approved you for options really easily but now I'm approved on the other brokers. Once this all settles and I pull my money out, Robinhood is dead to me

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
Depends what you want to trade. I use TD Ameritade and never got froze out of anything. You can not trade Crytos though.
Were you not using their app in the morning on Wed and Thursday? Ameritrade crashed due to “unprecedented volatility“. Quite frustrating, but it wasn’t just Ameritrade, many of them crashed. Other than those couple days I do like Ameritrade quite a bit. Great customer service and user friendly ap.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Were you not using their app in the morning on Wed and Thursday? Ameritrade crashed due to “unprecedented volatility“. Quite frustrating, but it wasn’t just Ameritrade, many of them crashed. Other than those couple days I do like Ameritrade quite a bit. Great customer service and user friendly ap.
I was both days and had no trouble. I wasn’t locked into it, so if it was a 5-10 minute crash, I may not have caught it.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
I was both days and had no trouble. I wasn’t locked into it, so if it was a 5-10 minute crash, I may not have caught it.
I think it was Wed that was the longer crash, maybe around an hour. Thursday was a 15 min deal. Both close to the opening bell.

• Informative
Reactions: BCClone

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
Depends what you want to trade. I use TD Ameritade and never got froze out of anything. You can not trade Crytos though.

I'm not looking to do much, dabble here and there. Something with an easy platform to navigate.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Yeah, the big name brokerages had massive traffic that they weren’t expecting with new accounts and trades

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
How many people here are also bought into AMC? Thinking of diversifying my meme stonks.
My whole gambling account portfolio is meme stocks (actually mostly options on these) at the moment. GME, AMC, NOK, BBBY. Nokia is much more long term btw, don’t be discouraged when it doesn’t act like the others.

And just to let @mtowncyclone13 and others know since I’m sure some still want to talk normal portfolio allocation. My backdoor ROTH IRA and 401k are all boring ass ETFs with only 5-6% in Bonds with the majority in US Large Cap and International Small Cap. Plus some US small cap, and REIT. I max out the 401k, used to max out the ROTH and now I have to backdoor it.

And then I have my stock bonuses and employee stock purchase plan account which I need to diversify but my company’s stock has 7-8x since I joined the company and I don’t see it going to nothing overnight so if it starts tanking I’ll get some of my earnings out. Honestly that might end up being my down payment (or full payment at this trajectory) of my future house when I decide to buy.

Reactions: isutrevman

nickoff

Oct 14, 2017
Portland, OR
I use TDameritrade. They bought Scottrade so was forced on me. But it has been easy to use for basic occasional trades for me. Interface is pretty easy to use. I haven't had to learn or read anything to figure it out. I have a brokerage and 2 IRAs linked from main account and can view them all by just clicking a tab. Very handy. The guy from the local office helped me set it up over the phone in a few mins one day. I don't trade margin, so I have to wait for everything to clear usually before I trade. But it is always quick, day at most.
Ymmv.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I use TDameritrade. They bought Scottrade so was forced on me. But it has been easy to use for basic occasional trades for me. Interface is pretty easy to use. I haven't had to learn or read anything to figure it out. I have a brokerage and 2 IRAs linked from main account and can view them all by just clicking a tab. Very handy. The guy from the local office helped me set it up over the phone in a few mins one day. I don't trade margin, so I have to wait for everything to clear usually before I trade. But it is always quick, day at most.
Ymmv.
I do electronic deposits to TD and can trade instantly with no margin.

cyfan21

Aug 24, 2010
Davenport
So if robinhood isn't good to use anymore, what's a good one?
I use WeBull (for fun $ stocks) and M1Finance (for my Roth IRA) and Fidelity (for my HSA). Both M1 and Fidelity offer fractional shares, which is huge for me.

Feel free to use one of my referral links to get 4 free stocks with WeBull and/or $30 with the M1 finance.

Good Luck!

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
I use WeBull (for fun $ stocks) and M1Finance (for my Roth IRA) and Fidelity (for my HSA). Both M1 and Fidelity offer fractional shares, which is huge for me.

Feel free to use one of my referral links to get 4 free stocks with WeBull and/or $30 with the M1 finance.

Good Luck!

Just as a warning, WeBull also limited buys on a few stocks for a day/half day. I think they are back to allowing everything but just warning others.

• Friendly
Reactions: cyfan21